Help finding Italian Christmas CD Lou Monte

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Help finding Italian Christmas CD Lou Monte

Post by sal4 »

Hi...I need help trying to find this CD...I have been looking EVERYWHERE for Lou Monte's Christmas CD and it is MIA....I have looked online, New & Used, Lou Monte's web site, Ebay etc and it looks like the manufacture is no longer distributing the CD :cry: :cry: :cry: ....Does anyone know where I can find this CD? I would really like to have it for the holidays, it was a tradition that my father sing along with the music, and translate the songs were in Italian to us while putting up the Christmas Tree........I had it on cassette and I have misplaced it somehow.........Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Help finding Italian Christmas CD Lou Monte

Post by pink67 »

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You Laura..........I don't know,I will check it this site out.... :D :D :D .....I do know that here in the US this CD is no where to be found.... :cry: :cry: :cry: Does anyone have this CD ???........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Maybe an obvious question.... :oops: ...(forgive me, it's late and I've been trying to keep up with a 20 month old grand-daughter all day.... :lol:

but have you checked to see if Barnes and Noble or one of the other larger bookstores could possibly order it??
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
LinJ47
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LinJ47 »

Go to your library and see if they have the CD and make a copy of it. If they don't have a copy, ask them if they will get you one through the ILL (Inter Library Loan) Program. I have done that several times with music that's hard to get and made lots of copies for myself and my family.

PS I LOVE DOMINICK THE DONKEY!!! LOL!
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi Lee & LinJ47...........No I have not contacted Barnes and Noble or the library...Great idea's....Thank You both, I'm going to call them 1st thing in the morning.....Thanks again..... :D :D :D Keep your fingers crossed for me....Sal4
LinJ47
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LinJ47 »

Hi again Sal4,

In case you can't find it at B&N or the library in time - there's a website:

http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=228006

It has the whole "Christmas With Lou Monte" album (Label: Tam-Tam Media) of 9 songs at 99 cents each download. I've never done it but our kids seem to know how to!

The kids also said you can go to iTunes. I looked it up and found this page:

http://www.apple.com/search/?q=lou%20monte

but I don't know how to tell you how to do that either!
Find a teenager, they'll know!

Good Luck,
Linda :D
LoisM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoisM »

It isn't the holidays without Pepino the Christmas mouse!!! Or Dominic the Donkey

http://www.loumonte.com/

They have some collectors CD's

Good luck with your search!

Lois M.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank you everyone for the links to help me find the Lou Monte CD that I'm looking for, but so far I'm only able to download to a Ipod, MP3 etc....as of finding the actual CD....still nothing :cry: :cry: :cry: ...not even on the Lou Monte web site....They don't even have the CD for sale.......It links me to other shopping sites to buy it, but when I try to purchase it, there are none available.........Barnes & Nobles & my library is a big fat no also....My search will go on.......Happy Thanksgiving.........Sal4
LinJ47
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LinJ47 »

Hi again sal4,

Have you checked out ebay.com? Below is a link to Lou Monte items they have to offer right now. I noticed some singles for Dominick the Donkey, etc. If nothing else you can request to have it put on your wish list and they will notify you when one is being offered for auction.

http://music.shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_ ... acat=11233

Good luck!
Linda
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi Linda......I have been looking on ebay and yes they do have Lou Monte CD's, just not the one I'm looking for....It seems that this certain CD is no longer being distributed.....It is a great idea to put it on my wish list on ebay, thanks for the idea......The main song I'm looking for is It's Christmas at Our House.....Otherwise it seems that my only hope is that if I can find someone that has the CD to make me a copy....
Thank You and have a Happy Thanksgiving.........Sal4
LoisM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoisM »

Hey..

Found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/LOU-MONTE-PEPINO-TH ... 45ef8e5100

The 6th song is Christmas at our house..

Hope you get this before the end date on the auction..

See ya,
Lois M.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Lois M..........THANK YOU for looking for me....I just placed a bid on one of the CD's ...There are actually 3 CD's on ebay.....I just may bid on another one just in case........I can't wait.......This will make my Christmas!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.......also Thank you to everyone that has taken their time to look for this CD all over the internet........Sal4
LoisM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoisM »

Glad you got the post it before time ran out on the listings.

I am an ebay junky so it was fun to look anyways. Good luck with the auctions.

Happy Holidays!
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

WTG Sal4,
You know I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the word you finally got this CD. :)
Please let us all know when you get it. Please, Please, Please :)

Ciao, LaBud