Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900's

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Messina that inmigrated to Panama around 1800's or 1900'

Post by ptimber »

What address did you put on the envelope and to whom did you send the letter? The address for the Uffico Di Stato Civile should beComune di Sassari Postale 07100, Sassari, Sardinia Italy. It should be in italian and you can go to www.circolocalabrese.org for the form letter in italian or thge letter that Suanj so graciously furnished you. The website I gave you www.paginebianche.it wass for the three cemetaries in Sassari. Go to www.freetranslation for a letter to the cemetaries in Italian. Peter. Include a self addressed envelope for each with a dollar inside fot stamps to encourage a reply. Peter
LorenaMessina

Post by LorenaMessina »

I didn't mail the letter, I use the email that Suanj gave me and sent it. Now I will be mailing the letter with the complete address you just gave me. I am using the letter that Suanj made for me. Thanks for all your information, I hope I didn't sound pushi on the last post , I didn't mean that. I never though this was gona be so frustrating. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.

Thanks,
Lorena
LorenaMessina

Post by LorenaMessina »

Hello! I finally got answer from the Comune di Sassari. I don't understand everything. Can someone help me with the translation. Here is the letter:
In riferimento alla Vs. richiesta di accertamento anagrafico a nome di Messina Giovanni, nato il 21/03/1886 e deceduto nel 1926, si comunica che, dopo aver effettuato accertamenti c/o l'ufficio di Stato Civile e dopo aver consultato l'archivio anagrafico, non risulta essere nato e deceduto nel Comune di Sassari Messina Giovanni.

E' probabile che sia nato e deceduto in comuni limitrofi appartenenti alla Provincia di Sassari, forse Sorso?, Sennori?, Ossi?.

Si consiglia di verificare il Comune di nascita e di morte.

Cordiali saluti

Il Funzionario

Rag. Liana Gadau
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

LorenaMessina wrote:Hello! I finally got answer from the Comune di Sassari. I don't understand everything. Can someone help me with the translation. Here is the letter:
In riferimento alla Vs. richiesta di accertamento anagrafico a nome di Messina Giovanni, nato il 21/03/1886 e deceduto nel 1926, si comunica che, dopo aver effettuato accertamenti c/o l'ufficio di Stato Civile e dopo aver consultato l'archivio anagrafico, non risulta essere nato e deceduto nel Comune di Sassari Messina Giovanni.

E' probabile che sia nato e deceduto in comuni limitrofi appartenenti alla Provincia di Sassari, forse Sorso?, Sennori?, Ossi?.

Si consiglia di verificare il Comune di nascita e di morte.

Cordiali saluti

Il Funzionario

Rag. Liana Gadau
Hi Lorena: the reply says that:
your ancestor not born not died in Sassari, perhaps in near Commons (Commons: Sorso or Sennori or Ossi).
---suanj
LorenaMessina

Post by LorenaMessina »

Hi! thanks for all your help. I want it to ask you if you know by any chance if the comuni of Sorso, Senori or Ossi have an email address that I could send also an email? The one you gave for the comune of Sassari have been very helpful.
Thanks,
Lorena
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

LorenaMessina wrote:Hi! thanks for all your help. I want it to ask you if you know by any chance if the comuni of Sorso, Senori or Ossi have an email address that I could send also an email? The one you gave for the comune of Sassari have been very helpful.
Thanks,
Lorena
Hi Lorena:

-Ossi: comunediossi@tiscali.it fax +39 079 348737

"Servizi demografici
Via Marconi, 4
07045 Ossi(SS)
Italia"

-Sorso: comune.sorso@tiscali.it fax 079 353407 or +39 079 3055310
"Servizi demografici
Piazza Garibaldi, 1
07037 Sorso(SS)
Italia "

Sennori: comunedisennori@tiscali.it fax + 39 079 3049245
"Servizi demografici
Via Brigata Sassari
07036 Sennori(SS)
Italia"
Here are all Sassari province commons, and also email

----
http://www.regione.sardegna.it/comuni/e ... assari.pdf
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
suanj
LorenaMessina

Post by LorenaMessina »

HI, GOOD NEWS! the comune municipi of Sassari, email my cousin and after the corrections on the birth day of my grandfather, we found that his birth is registered in Sassari. The first time I email them, the year of birth was incorret so my cousin email then back with the corrections and there he was, however his dead is not registered there, but we will get his birth certificate some time soon. Now I just need to keep waiting for answer from the common provinces of Sassari to see if his death is in there records.
YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WONDERFULL.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D

Lorena
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

LorenaMessina wrote:HI, GOOD NEWS! the comune municipi of Sassari, email my cousin and after the corrections on the birth day of my grandfather, we found that his birth is registered in Sassari. The first time I email them, the year of birth was incorret so my cousin email then back with the corrections and there he was, however his dead is not registered there, but we will get his birth certificate some time soon. Now I just need to keep waiting for answer from the common provinces of Sassari to see if his death is in there records.
YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WONDERFULL.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D

Lorena
LORENA:
many gratulations! I'm happy for you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LorenaMessina

Post by LorenaMessina »

Hi, everyone! I have another question: How many provinces does Sassari has and what are there names. The reason why I ask, is because I just found out today that La Maddalena is also a province of Sassari. I sent emails to the municipi of the provinces of Sassari ( Ossi,Sorso and Sennori) I know my grandpha's dead is not register in Ossi, because the answer me back, but I still waiting for answer from other two.
Can someone help me?
Lorena
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello Lorena,
in the province of Sassari there are 81 comunes
here is the list

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/tel/079.html

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 4 propvinces in Sardegna : Cagiari,Nuoro, Oritano and Sassari. The town La Maddalena is a comune (town) Postal address 07024. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

LorenaMessina wrote:Hi, everyone! I have another question: How many provinces does Sassari has and what are there names. The reason why I ask, is because I just found out today that La Maddalena is also a province of Sassari. I sent emails to the municipi of the provinces of Sassari ( Ossi,Sorso and Sennori) I know my grandpha's dead is not register in Ossi, because the answer me back, but I still waiting for answer from other two.
Can someone help me?
Lorena
Hi Lorena,
test in this Commons (Sassari province): here are Messina surname http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... ss&x=0&y=0
But I found that in the past in Sardegna, sure was Mesina surname version, in OLBIA-Isola Bianca(Sassari) in Orgosolo and Capoterra(Cagliari), Dorgali(Nuoro)... regards, suanj