and granita/stabene or stabeno reggiano gravina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
irenetrantas

and granita/stabene or stabeno reggiano gravina

Post by irenetrantas »

PLEASE HELP Wow. Roadblock Santoro/Funaro
1876 my greatgrandfather Francesco(his daughter, my grandmom, is still living (till the end of my time I hope)) was born in Cariati to Gennaro Santoro and Fortunata Funaro. (did Fortunata have sisters and brothers?) OK: So Santoro: Francesco/Frank came to the states at 20yrs and sister Serafina followed, went to NY and married into Parisi (they live west coast/hawaii)....and Fortunata, other sister remained, married, but could not have children -- my grandmom seems to recall her raising Gaetano who lost his mother very young (Fortunata and she were good friends). That's Santoro (any siblings/cousins to Gennaro?)

THEN...Stabeno: My greatgrandmom Rosina Stabene's father was Alfonso Stabeno...he married Maria Carmella Esposito Granita. Esposito indicates abandoned or out of wedlock, but then Maria is named Granita -- is this an adopted family? Her mother who was not married? Her birth cert doesn't show parents but indicates Maria Carmella Espositp Granita...could it be she was an orphan of Granito? EIther way, they lived in Roggiano Gravina all of their lives. We were told they lived well-- had servants and were people involved with the church -- this is what my gradmom remembers. Maria was 13/14 when she married Gennaro, who was 23.

I do have some picture, too...any help please!!! Even if a story link..I wanna make a book for my grandmom with her family - She misses them so and will be so happy