Molfetta Roots

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ddevirgilio
Rookie
Rookie

Molfetta Roots

Post by ddevirgilio »

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum, and I've already learned so much just by reading past posts. Thank you all!

Although I've dabbled in genealogy in the past, I've only recently begun my research in earnest. Both my parents came to the US from Molfetta shortly before I was born so my research is very focussed. I just thought I'd place a post to see how many others have roots in Molfetta.

Also, I'm curious to see if any others with roots in Molfetta are doing research involving the following surnames:

- De Virgilio
- La Forgia
- De Ruvo
- De Gennaro
- Modugno
- Cirillo
- Petruzzelli

Thanks!
Damian
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Molfetta Roots

Post by MauroMags »

Hi Damian,

Most of my family stems from Molfetta and i've been able to trace some of my family lines into the 1700s.

I've done most of my research by using the microfilm from the LDS family history library. I have several films from Molfetta on permanent loan, so I can look something up for if you are looking for something in particular.

One of my great-great grandmothers was Anna Maria Modugno

-Mauro
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi Damian,
and hey Mauro its been awhile, and hope you are well
My mother's side of the family originate from Molfetta, I am back to the 18th century mainly through LDS films and also with a little help from Mauro. Sadly the Family History Centre near me has closed so things have slowed up a bit.
At present though I'm thinking of composing a letter to Diocese archive for BMD records.
I have come across most of the names you have printed above.

Revisiting Molfetta this May for a family get together

Mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
ddevirgilio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ddevirgilio »

Hi Mark,

Pleasure to meet you. Yes, I've learned that Mauro is an invaluable well of knowledge in this area. I hope to visit Molfetta again in 2010 too.

Enjoy your trip!
Damian
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

Hi Mark,

Like i told Damian, i have several films from Molfetta on permanent loan, so if you need me to look something up (and i have the right film) just let me know

By the way your Palombella website is awesome!

-Mauro