BRUSCATO family or Vicari, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BruscatoRKFD

BRUSCATO family or Vicari, Sicily

Post by BruscatoRKFD »

My maternal grand-parents, Angelo and Theresa Bruscato, immigrated through New Orleans, LA, USA around 1900. They were originally from Vicari, Italy. Angelo died quite early and we have no prior family history. Any other Bruscatos here or anyone with search information about Vicari?
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: BRUSCATO family or Vicari, Sicily

Post by Michael31 »

www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Bruscato dove: PA

Bruscato Francesco
90020 Vicari (PA) -
Via Gramsci, 10
tel:091 8216710

Bruscato Francesco
90020 Vicari (PA) -
Via Marcasito, 21
tel:091 8216961

Bruscato Giovanna
90020 Vicari (PA) -
Via Caruso, 35
tel:091 8216424

Bruscato Giuseppe
90020 Vicari (PA) -
Via Gramsci, 10
tel:091 8216902

Bruscato Salvatore
90020 Vicari (PA) -
Via Roma, 7
tel:091 8216098

Bruscato Giulio
90044 Carini (PA) -
Via Nazionale, 318
tel:091 8676041

Bruscato P.I. Cosimo
90142 Palermo (PA) -
Via Juvara Aloisio, 70
tel:091 547020

www.gens.labo.net
http://www.comune.vicari.pa.it/SITO/
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

BruscatoRKFD wrote:My maternal grand-parents, Angelo and Theresa Bruscato, immigrated through New Orleans, LA, USA around 1900. They were originally from Vicari, Italy. Angelo died quite early and we have no prior family history. Any other Bruscatos here or anyone with search information about Vicari?
For prior family history you can try in Mormon's microfilms:
Place Italy, Palermo, Vicari

Topics Italy, Palermo, Vicari - Census (1584-1816)
Italy, Palermo, Vicari - Civil registration (Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Vicari (Palermo).
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Possible manifest for Angelo. Do you think this is a possibility?

Do you know Teresa's maiden name?

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0030
CEB2150

Post by CEB2150 »

BruscatoRKFD, I have been researching the same people, as they are my great grand parents. Based on the information you provided, I am assuming you are the child of one of Angelo & Theresa's daughters. If that is correct, I am your uncle Carl's oldest grandson. That should tell you my name. :D

I have not had a lot of success on gathering information, but do have some and I am still working on it. If you want to contact me, I would be more than happy to share the information that I have with you and some ideas I have on how we might be able to fill in some of the missing parts.

I look forward to hearing from you!
noetwins

Post by noetwins »

I am also a Bruscato.. My father had passed away at age 60 in 2006. My father was Joseph Bruscato III with no middle name. We also live in New Orleans and were always told that we were from Palermo. My grandparents were Joseph Jr and Beatrice Bruscato. I will try to get more information from my Father's two surviving sisters.
amibrandons98

Post by amibrandons98 »

I am researching my family history and I have a ancester named rosalia bruscato who married onofrio sinagra they lived in vicari. I have not found her birth records yet but I have found their childrens birth records the first one was born in 1804 so she would have been born in th 1700s. Good chance we have related ancesters. Do you have any other information?
Tony1009

Post by Tony1009 »

My grandfather was born in Vicari, Italy as Joseph Anthony DiChiara. We have cousins in Niagara Falls New York USA with the last name Bruscato.
Are you any relation?
SicilianGirl

Post by SicilianGirl »

Hello!

I am writing from Syracuse NY and just joined this forum looking for relatives/descendants who came to the USA specifically from Vicari, Sicily. I was excited to see the name BRUSCATO !! My maternal Great Grandmother was Annette or Antoinette Bruscato and she married Filippo Mannino, also from Vicari! They immigrated to the US around 1906.
In 2000, my mother and brother and I found our long lost distant cousins, the Mannino's and also a cousin (Bruscato) from the next village, La Roca. We confirmed the family tree after visiting the town hall as well as the local church and looked at records dating centuries back.
My name is Marianne (Barone) Trent, and 100% Sicilian -American. Please answer this post, if you think we may be connected in any way! Please write!

Grazie!

Marianne
SicilianGirl

Post by SicilianGirl »

Correction re: The distant (BRUSCATO)cousin we found while visiting my grandmother's (MANNINO/BRUSCATO)village in VICARI, SICILY in 2000) His mother was a BRUSCATO and we found him quite by accident while dining at his restaurant in the near-by village of RoccaPalumbo.