Multiple ppl appointment - Proof of Residency - affidavits?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Multiple ppl appointment - Proof of Residency - affidavits?

Post by Mulé »

Two part question:

Part 1:
I have a question about applying with multiple family members at the same time. I read that it is possible, just didn't know how to go about it. After the holiday I will try to set up an appointment in Boston for myself, my brother and my sister. I am wondering if ALL of us are REQUIRED to attend the appointment, or can I get a power of attorney or affidavit or something, or have them sign a documnet/notarized and such or something.

Part 2:
What residency proof is required so they know that my brother is in Mass, and me and my sister are in NH, all served by the Boston Consulate? Cell phone bill with address work as that is all my sister has, me and my brother have families and home and tons of bills/etc... :(

TIA - Happy Holidays :)
Rastafeyd

Re: Multiple ppl appointment - Proof of Residency - affidavi

Post by Rastafeyd »

Mulé wrote:Two part question:

Part 1:
I have a question about applying with multiple family members at the same time. I read that it is possible, just didn't know how to go about it. After the holiday I will try to set up an appointment in Boston for myself, my brother and my sister. I am wondering if ALL of us are REQUIRED to attend the appointment, or can I get a power of attorney or affidavit or something, or have them sign a documnet/notarized and such or something.

Part 2:
What residency proof is required so they know that my brother is in Mass, and me and my sister are in NH, all served by the Boston Consulate? Cell phone bill with address work as that is all my sister has, me and my brother have families and home and tons of bills/etc... :(

TIA - Happy Holidays :)
Hey,

I was wondering whether you know if its possible to have multiple people, applying at the same time, use the same documents? Will each applicant need to have their own set of certificates with apostille and so forth? Hope to hear from you. Thanks

Mike
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

Drivers licenses and/or passport will generally do for the consulate. All adults are required to attend AFAIK. Call and ask, I am sure they will tell you. :)
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Rastafeyd wrote:I was wondering whether you know if its possible to have multiple people, applying at the same time, use the same documents?
I believe so. Haven't yet applied. I made my appointment for a group of 3 (myself, my brother and my sister). I was told that they would NOT be required to come in for the first appointment, when I will hand in the documents for them to review. I am fairly sure all my documents are 100% so I don't know when they would schedule a follow up so that everyone can attend and sign/apply.
Drivers licenses and/or passport will generally do for the consulate. All adults are required to attend AFAIK. Call and ask, I am sure they will tell you.
Yeah, my sister has a passport, but it doesn't show where she is a resident. She does not have a drivers license in MA or NH. She is a seasonal worker down on an island in the Caribbean. I will ask at the consulate when I am there what they (my brother/sister) will need to provide if anything at all if there is a follow up meeting.

I recall reading that other consulates have allowed applications: 1. sight unseen (with a residence far away just mailing everything in), 2. disabled ppl also handling everything via mail, never visiting the consulate, and 3. relatives, such as father, or uncle, joining in on an application and supplying an affidavit instead of going to the appointment. I am sure options exists, just not sure of the specifics other than the limited information gathered from reading these and other forums.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Yes, you can apply using the same documents as long as you are applying at the same consulate. Best to let them know ahead of time how many people will be applying.

The passport is requested but it doesn't show residency. Bring your driver's license with you as well as the passport. If your sister does not have a license, most states offer ID cards through the motor vehicle agency.

My son was able to prove residency in NY with a lease agreement. Do not mention the Caribbean when you are there. They may well insist that she apply at the consulate serving that jurisdiction.

Some consulates do permit mail-in applications, but I've only heard this as an option on the west coast, where people from Hawaii and Washington would have to travel to California. I've not heard of this option at any of the east coast consulates, and I believe you will all be expected to be physically present to apply. Check with the consulate, though. Only they can give you a definitive answer.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

mler wrote:The passport is requested but it doesn't show residency. Bring your driver's license with you as well as the passport. If your sister does not have a license, most states offer ID cards through the motor vehicle agency.
Yeah, she is on season currently, but would fly home for the appointment. I guess she can get an ID card when she is back, will just have to factor that in.
mler wrote: My son was able to prove residency in NY with a lease agreement. Do not mention the Caribbean when you are there. They may well insist that she apply at the consulate serving that jurisdiction.
mler wrote: Yeah we won't mention anything or offer up any additional information. I heard advice is to be concise and simple. She works seasonally there, has bank here, files her taxes here, and is resident here.
Some consulates do permit mail-in applications, but I've only heard this as an option on the west coast, where people from Hawaii and Washington would have to travel to California. I've not heard of this option at any of the east coast consulates, and I believe you will all be expected to be physically present to apply. Check with the consulate, though. Only they can give you a definitive answer.
That is my understanding as well. I will check all details at my appointment and figure out requirements when scheduling the follow up.