Help with Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Help with Translation

Post by iolanda2 »

Tanti Auguri per un Felice anno 2010

I received this response from parrocchia di S. Gerolamo in Camposanto
( MO) Can you assist with the translation? Is Sig. Balboni saying that even though there are many Lodis in the registers, that he has found informaion about my Lodi family?

Thank you in advance

Salve Sig.ra Iolanda
Sono un parrocchiano della parrocchia di S.Gerolamo , mi chiamo Balboni Dalmazio , ho eseguito personalmente le ricerche nell’archivio parrocchiale non ho trovato riferimenti attendibili anche se il cognome Lodi nel periodo analizzato era molto frequente.

Il parroco della ns. piccola parrocchia è lo stesso della parrocchia di Camposanto dopo le festività di Natale gli chiederò di poter consultare anche il loro archivio.

Se troverò dei riferimenti le invierò in allegato le foto dei documenti.

Distinti saluti e Tanti Auguri di buone feste e per un Felice anno 2010

BALBONI Dalmazio
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Help with Translation

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Google's translator does a fairly decent job on this text:
Hello Ms. Yolanda
I am a parishioner of the parish of St. Jerome, Balboni Dalmazio my name, I have personally performed the research in the parish archives I found references to reliable even if the name Lodi during the reporting period was very frequent.

The pastor of the ns. small parish is the same parish cemetery after the Christmas holidays will ask him to also be able to consult their archives.

If I find the references I will send photos of the attached documents.

Sincerely and many Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year 2010
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by iolanda2 »

Hello Johnny,
Yes I use the online translation tools. In this case I am not able to understand the nuances of this message.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

iolanda2 wrote:Hello Johnny,
Yes I use the online translation tools. In this case I am not able to understand the nuances of this message.
It appears to me that she is a parishoner at the church and a volunteer researcher.

She has found references to your subject which she believes to be on point, even though the name Lodi was quite common and appears frequently in the records.

The pastor of the church is also responsible for the cemetery records; once the Christmas holiday rush is over she will ask his permission to consult the (cemetery?) archives.

She will photograph any documents she locates and will send them to you.

Well, that is my take on it...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I think she is he. Dalmazio is masculine name =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

PeterTimber wrote:I think she is he. Dalmazio is masculine name =Peter=
Picky, picky. :)
Carmine

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Yolanda, the parishioner, Dalmazio Balboni, did not find anything relevant in the S.Girolamo Parish.
He will perform another search in the parish of Camposanto and will send you pictures of the documents, if he finds them.

On-line translators may mess-up the meaning of a sentence....
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by iolanda2 »

Livio and Johnny,

Thanks for taking a look that this email. I could not understand if Sig. Dalmazio found or did not find relevant information about my Lodi family.
I thought not because he offerd to take a look at the registers in the other parrish in Camposanto.

I feel very fortunate to find someone local in this area. Camposanto is located on a railroad line, so during WW2 all the Napoleonic records were destroyed. The parrish is my only souce.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Johnny I havfe better things to do withmy time than be "picky PicKy"

Putting the spectre of a female rather than a male could cause the inquirer to approach her research with an alternative state of mind. Your too accomplished Johnny to not see this as an assistance to the inquirer. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Johnny I havfe better things to do withmy time than be "picky PicKy"

Putting the spectre of a female rather than a male could cause the inquirer to approach her research with an alternative state of mind. Your too accomplished Johnny to not see this as an assistance to the inquirer. =Peter=
Of course you are correct. That is why I included the smilely!
Carmine