Ianniello Matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Ianniello Matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Iannuello Matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

Please excuse my typing. It is Ianniello.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

JiM,

Since you have listed "006" first, I looked at that.
It is a certificate to run the publication of the marriage banns on successive Sundays from 30 October to ? November, 1910
Groom: Fioravante Ianniello, son of Francesco, and Anna Scialla
Bride: Antonia Martora, daughter of Pasquale, and Maria Tamburrino

"001" is the title page showing their names Ianniello Fioravante and Martora Antonia, It is File #128, 1910.
The document has 5 pages.

"002" is Fioravante's birth record. I'll take a look and continue in another reply.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

"002"
Fioravante was born on May 28, 1889 at 5 AM, presented at the casa communale at noon, by Francesco Antonio Ianniello (his father) 44, peasant. Born at Via Campania to his wife Anna Scialla.
Witnesses: Francesco Anliemo (sp?), 35, peasant, and Domenico Lantoro (sp?), 55, peasant.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

"003"
Antonia Martora's birth record.

She was born at 9 PM on September 7, 1888
Father: Pasquale Martora, 36, muratore (mason, bricklayer)
Mother: Maria Tamburrino, his wife, at Via Anfitessione (sp?)

Witnesses: Gaetano Busico, 36, peasant; Raffaele Luongo, 29, peasant.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

Images 4, 5, and 6 are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd publication of the marriage banns, which lists the groom and parents on the left, bride and parents on the right. Mentions that they were born in S. Maria CV (e qui), and says that the groom is single (celibe) and bride is maiden (nubile).

The first banns were published on the 30th of October 1910, second on 6th of November, and 3rd on the 13th of November - though the writing makes it look like the 17th.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Jim, the above findings have solved your mystery about Martora an Mattora. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fioravante's wife is definitely Antonia Martora born 1888, Sept. 7 ( http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ia_003.jpg ). This is a transcription inserted in the allegati register, you may want to find her actual birth record in the 1888 birth register under the #500, part 1.

The birth act that you published on the other post ( http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ntonia.jpg ) is related to Antonia Mattora born 1890 May 6. And it is a coincidence that their mother has the same name and also their father first name is Pasquale.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you Tessa and Livio.
You have helped me solve some mysteries. I felt very strongly that I already had the correct birth record for Antonia. I even defended my findings and when the surname did not match up, I took some heat from Peter Timber about the integrity of the Italian surname.
How likely is it to find a record as I did with so much confirming evidence? Since the names Mattora, Martora, and Tamburrino are not very common surnames, what is the likelihood of such a coincidence in a town the size of Santa Maria? I admit that I am baffled, and relieved at the same time.
Everyone on this bulletin board has been so patient with me on this adventure. I really appreciate it. I guess it is time to move on to other mysteries.
Tessa, was there any indication of siblings in this Allegati Register?

Warm thanks to all,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:"003"
Antonia Martora's birth record.

She was born at 9 PM on September 7, 1888
Father: Pasquale Martora, 36, muratore (mason, bricklayer)
Mother: Maria Tamburrino, his wife, at Via Anfitessione (sp?) Anfiteatro

Witnesses: Gaetano Busico, 36, peasant; Raffaele Luongo, 29, peasant.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

oilman19 wrote:...
Tessa, was there any indication of siblings in this Allegati Register?
No siblings are mentioned
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T. and Livio.

Via Anfiteatro is the street where Antonia was born? I would love to go to S. Maria and visit these places.

Jim
Jim

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

oilman19 wrote:Thank you T. and Livio.

Via Anfiteatro is the street where Antonia was born? I would love to go to S. Maria and visit these places.

Jim
No need to travel quite so far until you are ready. For now, see this Google Maps satelite image!

To have even more fun, I highly recommend downloading and installing the free Google Earth application. Be sure to check out the teatro just to the north of Via Anfiteatro!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

Sooo happy that you have solved some mysteries! :-) :-) :-)

Happy to have been a small part of the help!

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have to say that I am not as convinced the mystery is solved as I was this morning. The 1888 Antonia record indicates her father Pasquale is 36 yrs.
The 1890 Antonia record indicates her father is 38 yrs. In searching 1852 birth records, I have found Pasquale Mattora birth (see attached). I have not yet found a Pasquale Martora in 1851 or 1852.
The 1890 record is an image of the official document from the book of 1890. The 1888 record in the allegati register is a transcribed (in 1910) record of a 1888 birth, not the official record from the book.
I have to wonder if the 1888 Antonia died early and the next child was named in honor of her. There are way too many coincidences, as outlined previously, to think that 2 Pasquales of the same age, same town, married a Maria Tamburrino and had a baby named Antonia. This would mean that the transcribed birth record of 1888 has errors and was not noticed (probably) due to illiteracy.
Is anyone thinking the way I am on this? Ultimately, I will order the 1888 birth record, as Livio recommended, and try to prove my theory. Until then, I will remain skeptical of all the coincidental duplications.
Would someone please translate Pasquale Mattora's birth record for me. I would very much appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... RA_002.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... RA_001.jpg
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you Johnny, for that image.

Jim
Jim