Help with Curti or Sanderi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Giordani09

Help with Curti or Sanderi

Post by Giordani09 »

I am trying to get a family tree started on one side of my family, but I am striking out big time. My great grandmothers maiden name (I believe) was Teresa Curti. She was born around 1863 in Pedersano, Trento, Italy. Her death certificate states that her parents names we Beatrice Sanderi (maybe Sandri) and Joseph Curti. I can not find any information on any of them. Teresa married Francesco Giordani and they moved to the US (ohio) and changed their names to Downing. I can find some census info in the US, but nothing that gives me any information to find more information from Italy on who their ancestors were. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Help with Curti or Sanderi

Post by misbris »

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Pedersano is actually a frazione (sort of like a "neighborhood") of Comune di Villa Lagarina in Provincia di Trento.

I would suggest writing and requesting a copy of Teresa's birth (and marriage, if applicable) certificate. You can find form letters in Italian here and here.

The address to write to is:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Villa Lagarina
Piazza E. Scrinzi, 3
38060 Villa Lagarina (TN)
Italy

Some comuni respond to email requests as well. In this case, I believe the appropriate address is: MirtisBaldessarelli@comune.villalagarina.tn.it
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Giordani09

Post by Giordani09 »

I have searched that site until I am blue in the face and I cant find anything. I found quite a bit on her husband, but nothing on her family.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Giordani09 wrote:
I have searched that site until I am blue in the face and I cant find anything. I found quite a bit on her husband, but nothing on her family.
Birth certificates are free and will tell you her parent's names...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Giordani09

Post by Giordani09 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:
Giordani09 wrote:
Her death certificate had her parents names. I am not sure if they get that info from their birth certificates??
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Giordani09 wrote:
johnnyonthespot wrote:
Giordani09 wrote: I have searched that site until I am blue in the face and I cant find anything. I found quite a bit on her husband, but nothing on her family.
Her death certificate had her parents names. I am not sure if they get that info from their birth certificates??
She died in the US? The information on a death certificate is nearly always provided by a family member, sometimes a grieving spouse, more often it seems to be an adult child. I would venture a guess that this info is more often wrong than right; I know that all of my grandparents death certificates have errors on them...
Carmine

Giordani09

Post by Giordani09 »

Yes, she died in the US(ohio) in 1930. It is highly possible that there are errors, especially considering that her husband had died previously. My grandfather wont even admit that he is Italian, so he isnt much help.
Giordani09

Post by Giordani09 »

When I was in Italy I visited a church in Bronzolo. It had her birth location on one of her childrens baptismal records as Vadena. I emailed Vadena and they sent me back a notorized birth record. Her name was Teresa Guiditta Curti. Her father was Domenico Curti from Pedersano and her mother was Beatrice Zandonai also from Pedersano. I still have no idea why the entire family on both sides was born in the Rovereto area of Trentino, but they seemed to move to Vadena and Bronzolo (both in Bolzano) before emigration??