Larocca (town)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cewe

Larocca (town)

Post by cewe »

Hello,
My greatgrandfather (Sartini) was born in Larocca,Toscane.
He came to Antwerp,Belgium around 1860.
Does anybody know where te city(village) of Larocca is situated.
Or has it been renamed ?
Kind regards.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Larocca (town)

Post by PeterTimber »

There is only one place called Larocca in Toscana region. There are several towns, (la Roccca, Larocca) in Reggio Emilia and other closeby areas. I am sending youa website of a place which is farmland inTuscany and perhaps some of the surrounding village names are familiar toyour family oral history (like stories and legends).
http://www.laroccatuscany.com/map/16/tu ... cation.htm Please let me know.

You might wish to review the 30+ SARTINI surnamed persons listed inthe Toscana tgelephone directory at www.paginebianche.it and put inSARTINI inthe first line and beneath on the second line typ in TOSCANA and then cliuck CERCA for all SARTINI listed. =Peter=
~Peter~
cewe

Post by cewe »

Peter,
Thank you for your quick reply.
This link www.laroccatuscany.com...cation.htm
is about a house to rent, not a city.
I looked at te paginebiache but that doesnt help me either.
All I know about my greatgrandfather is that he came to Belgium around 1860. I think he married here and got 4 children.
The names of his parents are Christophe SARTINI and Marie BERNARDI living in Larocca.
I found this information in the index of foreigners enlisted in Antwerp Belgium.
Anyway, thanks for your help.
Christiaan.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

cewe wrote:Hello,
My greatgrandfather (Sartini) was born in Larocca,Toscane.
He came to Antwerp,Belgium around 1860.
Does anybody know where te city(village) of Larocca is situated.
Or has it been renamed ?
Kind regards.
There exists a frazione (hamlet, sub-division) named "La Rocca di Cerbaia" within the comune of Cantagallo (which is itself quite small) in the Tuscany region of Italy.

See this Wikipedia page and Cantagallo's website.

There also exists a "La Rocca" frazione within Comune di Modena, however this would be in the region known as Emilia-Romagna, which is to the north of Tuscany. See this page.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe that the name is Rocca and not Larocca ( better: La Rocca); the Sartini on ellisisland.org that coming from Rocca, coming of Lucca area; the problem is understand the precise Rocca, because it are some town with Rocca in the complete name... however my opinion is that the most probable name is "Rocca" hamlet of Borgo a Mozzano town (Lucca province)
http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&q=borg ... CAgQ8gEwAA
just my two cents...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cewe

Post by cewe »

@suanj : Maybe you are right about Borgo a Mozzano.
In 1875 there was a SARTINI Francois on the list of foreigners in Antwerp Belgium. With the location of Borgo a Mozzano.
In those days everything was written down in French. And I think also translated. More references I have to look up are SARTINI Gregaria, perhaps translated to Gregoire, Giacomo perhaps translated to Jacques and others.
I will try to go back to the files and see what is available on microfilm.
Thanks everybody for your help.
Christiaan.
cfpoli

Post by cfpoli »

The correct name of the neighbord of the city of Borgo A Mozzano is not Larocca, is ROCCA. My great grand father PIETRO POLI born at ROCCA, Borgo A Mozzano, Lucca, Italy, feb 3, 1858. With 14 years old went to Buenos Aires Argentina (married Maria SERVENTE) and had some children: AQUILES PEDRO (married Mrs Tealdi, died 1976), MARIA LUISA (married Leonardo Fornabaio, died), BERNARDO DUILIO (married Camila Fornabaio, died feb 2, 1972, my Nonno), PEDRO ANTONIO (married Elvira Salotti, died 1971), PEDRO HECTOR (married, died 1958), RAQUEL (married Alfredo Toledo, died 1994) and ALBA BEATRIZ (died 1994). PIETRO POLI died at Moron, Buenos Aires, Argentina, april 23 1928.-
The parents of Pietro was: ANTONIO POLI and GIACINTA CANUTI. PIETRO have some brothers: ZEFFIRO (died at Argentina), FRANCESCO, CESIRA, ... CARLO.- CARLO POLI (died 1961, Rocca) had some children: GEMMA, IVA, ... PIETRO, GUIDO.-
GEMMA POLI married GUGLIELMO SARTINI and depart to Chicago (dead on 1994), had one daughter ALMA (married Ciro Bragagnolo, live at Chicago, Artesian Blvd ...)
Carlos F. Poli
cfpoli

Post by cfpoli »

Is not Larocca. The town is Rocca, comune di Borgo a Mozzano. Guglielmo Sartini married my aunt Gemma Poli, daughter of Carlo Poli (brother of my great grandfather Pietro Poli, born at Rocca Feb 3, 1858 dead at Argentina, april 23, 1928
Carlos F. Poli