hello,
I am new to the forum and I don't know how I can get a birth certificate of my grandmother. She was Rosina Mastai and was born in a place called Mese
in the region of Sondrio (Lombardia).
I read that I should write to this adress
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Bertacchi, 2
CAP 23022
Chiavenna (SO)
Italy
I live in Holland, can I apply for my grandmothers birth certificate?
Also I don't know who her parents were, is that a major problem?
Can someone help me how to do this?
Thank you,
knockout
Mastai
- uantiti
- Elite

- Posts: 405
- Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
- Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy
Re: Mastai
Mese is a small town with its own Town Hall so I don't think you should write to a nearby town to request a birth act. Unless someone told you that documents are kept in Chiavenna...... The address for Mese:
Comune di Mese
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Don Albino Del Curto
23020 MESE (So)
Italy
You can request your grandmother's birth certificate but you need to give them an approximate year of birth. Good luck.
Ada
Comune di Mese
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Don Albino Del Curto
23020 MESE (So)
Italy
You can request your grandmother's birth certificate but you need to give them an approximate year of birth. Good luck.
Ada
