I need help on family info for GIOQUINTO/GIAQUINTO!!!!!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
camcam88

I need help on family info for GIOQUINTO/GIAQUINTO!!!!!!

Post by camcam88 »

Hello everyone! I just joined yesterday in hopes of finding more information on my ancestors and hopefully find more family members. So far I have been getting nowhere on ancestry.com because I'm getting so many hits that don't match up with the information I have been given. Mainly my greatgrand father and his parents(greatgrand father~MICHAEL SALVATORE GIOQUINTO/GIAQUINTO [his parents: father~SALVATORE GIOQUINTO/GIAQUINTO, mother~ANGELINA SANTIANGELLINO/SANDIANGELLINO/CANTIANGELLINO] they have different written variations of their last names apparently). And as far as I know my greatgrand father had three brothers Joseph, Anthony and Dominic Gioquinto/Giaquinto. My greatgrand father came to USA with his parents from Naples, Italy (I was told by my Aunt[1 of his daughters] that he used to live in Naples, Italy before coming to America) when he was 1 years old, his parents were married in Italy, where I have no clue. If you could please offer your help in my search I would very much appreciate it and if you can find relatives that live in Italy that will be even better. Please help me, I'm desperate! LOL.

Thank You!

~*Cameo*~ aka Draco
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: I need help on family info for GIOQUINTO/GIAQUINTO!!!!!!

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Cam Cam go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html
this will set the [icture of what is involved and will spell out to you what questions to ask us so that we can direct you right to the source.

Further there is a 7 day freebie at www.footnote.com which may have more info that you can use since Ancestry.com was not that helpful

Latly in genealogy you work backwards from the USA back to Ellisisland.org and thenback to Italy where the City, the Town or the Village oforigin where your family was born to find your family and roots.

Once you know the town then you can obtain all the missing information there or perhaps even here in by renting out micorfilm of the town of origin at your nearest Mormon chruch family History library. www,familysearch.org.

=Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

There is a Salvatore Giaquinto, aged 26, who arrived in New York on Nov. 11, 1907. He is traveling with his wife Angela Santangelo, aged 24, and their son Michele aged 1. Their home town is Capua, Caserta province, not very distant from Napoli. Salvatore's father is Gaetano. They are going to Philadelphia to join Giuseppe Santangelo, Angela's brother.

Click below to see the ship manifest:

Page 1

Page 2
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Livio, the ship's manifest could be right..!
here the 1920 census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Galvatore Giaquinto
Name: Galvatore Giaquinto
[Salvatore Giaquinto]
Home in 1920: Philadelphia Ward 40, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881
Birthplace: Italy

Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Augdala
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1909
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Image: 805
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Galvatore Giaquinto 39 (salvatore-born in Italy)
Augdala Giaquinto 39 ( angela-born in Italy)
Michael J Giaquinto 14 ( born in Italy)
Domnick Giaquinto 11 ( born in Phila)
Geatain Giaquinto 4 2/12 (ditto)
Joseph Giaquinto 2 1/12 ( ditto)

bye,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH LIVIO AND SUANJ. AS SOON AS I SAW THE INFORMATION THAT YOU POSTED I SCREAMED, CRIED AND JUMP UP AND DOWN FOR JOY!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! AND EVEN BETTER NEWS, I THINK I AM FINDING RELATIVES COMING OUT OF THE WOOD WORK AT ANCESTRY.COM! OMG I JUST CAN'T THANK YOU TWO ENOUGH, YOU HAVE MADE MY LIFE SO MUCH MORE HAPPIER, THANK YOU!!!

GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!

HUGS AND KISSES
CAMCAM88 :D
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello!
A little more info
Valarie

On Salvatore’s first trip to Phila he lists his place of birth as
S Maria Capua V (Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania)

Joining brother-in-law Domenico Santangelo at 13 Lincoln Ave

(click here) 1906 manifest
---

Brother-in-law Domenico Santangelo 18

possible 1905 manifest
Joining brother Giuseppe at 71 Lincoln Ave in Phila
(note: Giuseppe was also listed on Salvatore's 1907 manifest find by Livio)
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

Yes, Guiseppe is his brother-in-law, his wifes Angela's brother. wow thank you, you just gave me another sibling of Angela's, this is awesome. Thank you so very much and god bless you

Camcam88
clarkville

Post by clarkville »

camcam88,
I also am looking for Grandfather Joseph Giaquinto. Came here and settled in Amsterdam N.Y. and then watervliet new york. I'm looking for more info on him. My mother his daughter Margaret has died so info has gone. He married 2nd wife Marcella. 1st wife died during child birth??
I think they are from a town called Squille. near Limatola Italy.
Clarkville
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

Oh my god thats great new! Well if you are family it is lovely to meet you and thank you for this new piece of info :D
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Camcam88,
I am presently reviewing a number of microfilms at LDS library from Santa Maria Capua Vetere (home of my ancestors). If you can lock in an approximate date for Salvatore Giaquinto, I would be happy to see if his birth is on any of the films I currently have rented.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

oilman19 wrote:Hi Camcam88,
I am presently reviewing a number of microfilms at LDS library from Santa Maria Capua Vetere (home of my ancestors). If you can lock in an approximate date for Salvatore Giaquinto, I would be happy to see if his birth is on any of the films I currently have rented.

Jim

Salvatore Giaquinto was born in 1881, his wife Angela/Angelina Santangelo was born in 1883, and their son Michele Giaquinto (my great grandfather) was born in Capua near Naples with them in 1906. They came to America on the S.S. Florida on November 11, 1907.

Hope this helps and thank you again for your help as well :D

Cameo Ray
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I just completed a 2nd look at the 1883 & 1884 birth records for Santa Maria Capua Vetere. I found no Santangelo birth records at all. Apparently, it is not a very common name in this town of over 700 births per year.
I haven't rented 1881 or 1882 films yet. Is it possible she may be in 1 of those years? I will keep my notes for when I do.
What is the source of the year 1883 for Angela?

Will help as much as I can.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

[quote="oilman19"]I just completed a 2nd look at the 1883 & 1884 birth records for Santa Maria Capua Vetere. I found no Santangelo birth records at all. Apparently, it is not a very common name in this town of over 700 births per year.
I haven't rented 1881 or 1882 films yet. Is it possible she may be in 1 of those years? I will keep my notes for when I do.
What is the source of the year 1883 for Angela?

Will help as much as I can.

Jim[/qoute]

Just what I gathered from whatever records I had found and also what I was told by family.
camcam88

Post by camcam88 »

If you could look up Giaquinto maybe that might give you a break. Michele Giaquinto is my Great Grandfather. :D
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

He is supposed to be on the 1881 films? I;m not sure when I will be ordering them. I need to exhaust the ones I currently have.
If you are able to possibly narrow down a better year for your g grandmother, please let me know.

Jim
Jim