Textbooks for learning italian language

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
laudakwa

Textbooks for learning italian language

Post by laudakwa »

Colloquial Italian

Author: Sylvia Limbery
Publisher: Routledge
Publication date: 1996
Format / Quality: mp3 ripped from cassettes / good quality
Size: 77.4 Mb
Description
Colloquial Italian is easy to use and completely up-to-date. Specially written by an experienced teacher for self-study or class use, the course offers you a step-by-step approach to written and spoken Italian.

This paperback in the Colloquial Language Learning Series is available individually or as part of a pack. For more information, please refer to the cassette pack listing for this language (audio NOT available).

Download :

Colloquial Italian 2: The Next Step in Language Learning
Publisher: Routledge
Year: 2005
Format:PDF + MP3
pages: 256
ISBN-10: 0415281547
Size: 121 MB
Description
Colloquial Italian 2 is designed to help those involved in self-study; structured to give you the opportunity to listen to and read lots of modern, everydayItalian, it has also been developed to work systematically on reinforcing and extending your grasp of Italian grammar and vocabulary.
Key features of Colloquial Italian 2 include:
Revision material to help consolidate and build up your basics · Revision material to help consolidate and build up your basics
A wided range of contemporary authentic documents, both written and audio
Lots of spoken and written exercises in each unit · Lots of spoken and written exercises in each unit
Highlighted key structures and phrases, a Grammar reference and detailed answer keys ·
A broad range of situations, focusing on day to day life in Italy.

Download :
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Textbooks for learning italian language

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Laudakwa I wish you explained whether you are seeking a text book for the Italian language for your class or for yourself and whether you have any knowledge of Italian or are you starting about as a complete novice?

Directing you to a text book without forethought as to your purposes makes it difficult to choose since you will certainly be unable to speak Italian (not tourist stuff) correctly until you are familiar with GRAMMAR and then by memorizing the grammar can you create appropriate sentences with gleaning from an Italian dicitionary for adjectives, nouns , words etc.

Again without knowing anything about you I am not overlooking the obvious but wish to introduce you to Italian grammar by going to
www.verbix.com/languages/italian.shtml for the basic Lesson#1 verbs

Further conjugations can be found http://italian.about.com/library/verb/b ... ggiare.htm and lastly http://macosa.dima.unige.it/diz/irreg.htm =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe that Lawdakwa is just trying to sell down loadable books...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

It seems that way and a bit stifling. =Peter=
~Peter~
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

liviomoreno wrote:I believe that Lawdakwa is just trying to sell down loadable books...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Im sorry but that just cracked me up Livio. I thought the same thing. Great minds think alike.

On that note, I bought Instant Immersion and I dont like it because it teaches individual words and no sentence structure. Id like to learn grammar and conjugation right away. Is there something out there you recommend? I took a year of spanish in college and we jumped right into conversation. That makes sense to me. Do you know of an Italian program like that for home?

Alicia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Iam a firm believer that reading Italian newspapers once you have a grasp of Italian language, grammar and a decent amount of vocabulary (althought a nearby dictionary would augment you vocabulary quickly) you can slowly, at first, recognize current expressions in use as opposed to some traditional terms and bring you up to snuff as it were.

A 6 month trip to an Italian University can add years to your language intellect whuile difficult for some people is actually the best way to learn quickly and currently. Just a few thoughts. =Peter=
~Peter~
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

My sister use to do stuff like that once she taught herself the basics. She watched Italian TV, listened to music, read books to gradually increase her knowledge. I just need a starting point. Classes in Italian are sparse by me so that leaves me with software or teaching myself basics out of a book.

Alicia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Doing it on your own is diffficult since that requires a high degree of motivation even with the current vogue of learning a foreign language electronically. =Peter=
~Peter~
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Trust me, Im a motivated individual. I have 4 kids from infancy to 14 years old and still am managing my Bachelors in History at the same time. Im surprised this forum hasnt thought up a way for people to test out their language skills as they learn.Nothing heavy, just the basic skills, elementary level. Like a forum that you can attempt to write questions in Italian and someone can correct you and answer back in Italian. Its to hard to find someone to speak Italian to in person. The only communication I have is through computer.That would be a great idea. Because I honestly feel silly applying for dual cit. AND not knowing the language.

Alicia