Looking for Roggero family info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamesr

Looking for Roggero family info

Post by jamesr »

I am lookin for some info and family that still lives in italy.
My greatgrandfather was Epifanio Roggero maried to Maria Parzio there children were my grandfather Francescio Guisseppee Married to Camilla Maria Teresa Amalia Pellerino His brothers and sister are, Selvino, epifanio, Pietro,Secondo, Anna, Lucia, Angiolino,
Anyone with any info on them would be great.
When my grandfather came to the states he went to PA!
He owned the large vineyard with his family and his wife family from frnce owned a paste factory.
Thanks
Jim Roggero USA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Roggero family info

Post by liviomoreno »

Jim, from which town in Italy was your g-grandfather coming?
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Jim and Livio,

this is the 1912 arrival manifest for Francesco Roggero and his wife Camilla.

Looks like Francesco was born in Asti (Piedmont region) while Camilla stated she was born in Marseille (France):
Francesco stated he was leaving in Italy his father Epifanio in Quarto d'Asti (Fraction of Asti town) and that he was in the U.S. before, from 1906 to 1991 in Wilmerding - PA

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0010

page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0010

Laura
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You may also wish to review the telephone directory for Asti (comune for the "frazione" Quarto d'Asti at www.paginebiaqnche.it if you have not already done so.

Put in the surname inthe first line and Asti inthe second line and click CERCA for any family surnamed persons listed and their address(es) and telkephone numbers. =Peter=
~Peter~
roadwarrioralex

Post by roadwarrioralex »

My great-grandmother was a Roggero. She met my great-grandfather Enrico Barberis in Marseilles, France before coming to the United States. According to our oral history, they were both from La Morra, Italy in the province of Cueno. This is also in the Piedmont region of Italy. I have a copy of their marriage certificate.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

roadwarrioralex wrote:My great-grandmother was a Roggero. She met my great-grandfather Enrico Barberis in Marseilles, France before coming to the United States. According to our oral history, they were both from La Morra, Italy in the province of Cuneo. This is also in the Piedmont region of Italy. I have a copy of their marriage certificate.
how can we help you?