Lodovichi Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
franciscol

Lodovichi Surname

Post by franciscol »

Hi! My Name is Francisco Lodovichi and i'm from Bahia Blanca, Argentina.From some time ago i'm searchin relatives and any info about my familly. I don't have much info and i search over all sites but i didn't get any good result. If you can help me i'll appreciate a lot. Here is some info about my family:

My grand grand father (Domenico Lodovichi) was born in Cascina,Pisa,Toscana. He married Maria Del Punta( she was from genova) and they got 5 childrens: Umberto,Ulderiga,Francisco,Augusto and ernesta. Domenico came alone to argentina more or less in the year 1900. Then the rest of the familly came to argentina a year later or more.

As you can see i don't have much info so if you can help me i'll be very happy.Thanks a lot

Francisco
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Lodovichi Surname

Post by Bette »

Dear Francisco,
Have you written to any of the Lodovichi that are in the Italian White Pages telephone directory (on-line)? There are 9 entries in the area of Cascina, Pisa, Toscana. Maybe you will find a relative.
http://www.paginebianche.it

Additionally, if you are searching for family history, it would be a good idea to write to the town.

I checked the Radici immigration web site for Italians entering Argentina and saw a Domenico Ludovischi (slightly different spelling), age 37, single, occupation Agricultor; religion: cattolico; Port of Embarkment; Genoa, Name of Ship: Sirio; Date of Arrival: 16-01-1900; able to read and write. You said your great-grandfather was married when he immigrated. This man was single (if not a mistake on manifest). If this was your great-grandfather, he would have been born about 1863. Microfilms for the town of Cascina are only available to rent and read at a Mormon Family History Center for the period: 1866 - 1925. If your great-grandfather was born in 1863, this would not be a good option for you. If it were me, I would start by writing to the town. Have you read any web sites on this subject ? There are form letters written in Italian, if you need them. Let me know.
Bette
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Estimado Francisco puede solicitar documentos de su bisabuelo Domenico Lodovichi en Cascina, Provincia de Pisa en la region de Toscana con cartas formulario escrito en Italiano. Vamos primero a este sitio
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html y llenar la carta con Domenico Lodovichi (Ludovischi) y su edad de 37 con fecha de nacimiento 1863. Enviar la carta a UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE a la direccion bajo la palabra en grande MUNICIPIO que se encuentra en el sitio de CASCINA www.tuttitalia.it/toscana/37-cascina

No tienes que pagar nada por los documentos de nacimientos, bodas y defunciones. Solicita un "ESTRATTO DI NASCITA" por el que contiene los nombres de su padre. Los documentos son gratis y no paga nada. Despues podemos buscar mas documentos en "GENOVA por la mujer pero tengo miedo que nacio en un pueblo en la Provincia de Genova y en Italia los documentos siempre estan donde nacieron gente. =Peter=
~Peter~
franciscol

Post by franciscol »

Thanks for responding. I'm trying to get in touch with all lodovichi in cascina. For the other side i will send a letter to the comune of cascina to get some info. I've searched at ancestry.it but there is no info about lodovichi surname. Now i'm going to suscribe at italianheritage and try to get some info there. Thanks a lot

Francisco
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you wish you can send a form l etter in Italian to potential relatives in Cascina by going to www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm

The above websites are now available to you for writing to the comune www.tuttitalia.it/toscana/37-cascina at the Ufficio di Stato Civile under MUNICIPIO as well as the letter to a potential relative above. =Peter=
~Peter~