Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rastafeyd

Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .

Post by Rastafeyd »

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the drawn out process of waiting for all of my letters to reach their destinations and be spun through the wheels of bureaucracy. I recently received the marriage certificate for my great grandfather, who is the son of my great great grandfather, the man who originally came to America from Italy. The marriage certificate is fine for my g. grandfather, but my great grandmother's name is screwed up. Her last name is Rutherford but they have Relford on the certificate. Is this going to hang me up? Even though she is not part of the blood line, will this still need to be changed? I only ask because I'll have to do it through a court order according to the County Probate Court and that sounds daunting.

P.S. Other information on the certificate is right, such as the Mother's maiden name, place of residence, age and place of birth.

Cordially,

Michael
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Which consulate will you be applying through?

Despite the demand of many consulates that you provide non-bloodline certificates, they are not required by Italian law and often not even looked at by the same consulates which put you through the additional cost and time necessary to procure them.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Rastafeyd

Re: Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .

Post by Rastafeyd »

I'll being going through the Chicago consulate.