Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
I know all the jus sanguinis rules to obtain the citizenship and I am qualified.
Yet there is this little problem regarding our legal family documents and the registration of family members(long complicated story), does it matter? Its a mistake from a long time ago... Should it be corrected before I apply for the citizenship at the embassy? Please I want to know if it is ok to apply for the citizenship in such a condition the wrongs, are not my fault and cannot be corrected.
Thanks in advance buonagiornata a tutti [/size]
I am afraid not Roccella... In our country, there is a document that includes family members. The problem is that, my dad's brothers are registered under his mother's name(my grandmother) but they are from another mother(my grandpa married twice)...
My dad tried to fix it but the court rejected it and closed the case after a long time(more than 7 yrs). And now we cannot resume the case.
So is it ok to present this somewhat false document to the italian embassy to apply for the citizenship? Because family documents are required...
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...