How many copies?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rastafeyd

How many copies?

Post by Rastafeyd »

My father and I are in the process of collecting all of the necessary birth certificates and paperwork for dual citizenship. We'll be applying at the Chicago consulate. I am 26 years old, so no longer can be filed under my father. Do we need to have two copies of all of the documents with apostille? Will one set of certificates with apostille do for both of us so long as we apply at the same time?

Thanks so much.

Mike
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How many copies?

Post by tonyric »

One set should do fine as long as yours is done after your father.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Rastafeyd wrote:...I am 26 years old, so no longer can be filed under my father.
In at least two consulate jurisdictions, NYC and LA, your father could wait until his application is approved and then simply register your birth with the consulate's AIRE (Registry of Italians Living Abroad) office just as he would if you were a newborn. See the "HOW TO REGISTER A CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH/MARRIAGE/DEATH" on this page. NYC and LA allow this method for "children" of any age; I registered my 23 year-old son's birth this way and within a week he had his letter in hand inviting him to come to the consulate to apply for his passport.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Since you're both applying in Chicago, why not make an appointment for both of you and go in together?
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

If Im applying at the same time as my mother in Philly will one set with all translations and apostilles do?

Also do apostilles seals expire?

Alicia
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

One set is all you need. The apostilles don't expire.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thanks Emily!

Alicia