Translation for euros please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Translation for euros please

Post by DeFilippis78 »

This is a reply I got from archives:

Per averne copia dovrebbe inviare la somma di Euro 1,50 tramite vaglia postale internazionale o Bancoposta MoneyGram intestato a: Archivio di Stato, Piazza Abate Conforti,7 84121 Salerno e un francobollo di Euro 1,50 necessario per la spedizione mediante posta prioritaria.

Exactly what do they need? I understand there is a price for the copy as well as a stamp back to the US. But I dont have any euros so how do I go about this?

Alicia
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation for euros please

Post by elba »

DeFilippis78 wrote:This is a reply I got from archives:

Per averne copia dovrebbe inviare la somma di Euro 1,50 tramite vaglia postale internazionale o Bancoposta MoneyGram intestato a: Archivio di Stato, Piazza Abate Conforti,7 84121 Salerno e un francobollo di Euro 1,50 necessario per la spedizione mediante posta prioritaria.

Exactly what do they need? I understand there is a price for the copy as well as a stamp back to the US. But I dont have any euros so how do I go about this?

Alicia
To have a copy you must send the sum €1.50 by International postal or Bank Money gram and an Italian postage stamp value €1.50 to to enable us to send them. Send to:
Archivio di Stato,
Piazza Abate Conforti,7
84121 Salerno.

>THIS SITE< site does an Italian Postage stamp service... just ask.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

That site doesnt work. Im still not sure how to get Euros here in the US. Do I get this from the bank or post office and where do you get an Italian stamp?

Alicia
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

DeFilippis78 wrote:That site doesnt work. Im still not sure how to get Euros here in the US. Do I get this from the bank or post office and where do you get an Italian stamp?

Alicia
It works for me...
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Actually it is working now. But I dont understand what it is. I buy stamps from someone in Italy who sends them to me and I mail them back to Italy? There has to be a simpler way.

Alicia
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

>THIS< link should work. The stamp service is listed under 'Resources'...

The Admin of the site run the stamp service and only charge for the stamps plus a really tiny contribution towards the PayPal charge which is how you would pay for the stamp(s) that you need...

There certainly may be simpler ways to get Italian stamps and I would be most interested to know if you find one.

This is a tried and tested service.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I just actually thought of an easier way, I should have thought of earlier. My step father is from Genoa. Im sure he has this stuff because he sends stuff to his siblings. I wish I thought of that earlier :)

If hes out of them Ill try the service. Thanks for the tip

Alicia