Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Hi Kim, I cannot understand why you have the difficulties for to send an fax.. I cannot understand if the fax number no right or your machine fax no right.. I cannto send the your fax from my machine fax, because, otherwise, they reply to me and no to you... I think that is better that you send an normal letter or an registered letter... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
HI Kim,
I looked on the internet and several sites (and my phone book) give the following information for calling Italy:
To dial Europe from the US:
• first dial the US long distance code 011
• then the country code (39 for Italy)
• then the city code
• then the number
So try again: 001 39 0771 521756
Hope this works.
I looked on the internet and several sites (and my phone book) give the following information for calling Italy:
To dial Europe from the US:
• first dial the US long distance code 011
• then the country code (39 for Italy)
• then the city code
• then the number
So try again: 001 39 0771 521756
Hope this works.
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Hello,VaDeb wrote:HI Kim,
I looked on the internet and several sites (and my phone book) give the following information for calling Italy:
To dial Europe from the US:
• first dial the US long distance code 011
• then the country code (39 for Italy)
• then the city code
• then the number
So try again: 001 39 0771 521756
Hope this works.
from U.S try:
01139 771 521756.
I know it is that way because when I was in U.S., calling my parents in Italy I used to digit like that: 01139 923 .......
I hope it helps bye ricbru
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Oops, I had a typo. Ricbru is correct.
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Thanks ricbru, finally ...so the + 39 is 01139... good knowdlege helpful...... thanks, suanjricbru wrote:Hello,VaDeb wrote:HI Kim,
I looked on the internet and several sites (and my phone book) give the following information for calling Italy:
To dial Europe from the US:
• first dial the US long distance code 011
• then the country code (39 for Italy)
• then the city code
• then the number
So try again: 001 39 0771 521756
Hope this works.
from U.S try:
01139 771 521756.
I know it is that way because when I was in U.S., calling my parents in Italy I used to digit like that: 01139 923 .......
I hope it helps bye ricbru
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Thanks everyone. I will have my dad try again.
Kim
Kim
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
I have a birth act for Alessandro Inglese but it does not state who parents are. He was an orphan. How can I find real parents?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
What is the name of the comune which issued the birth act?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Can you attach a copy of the birth record. From your information, it sounds like Alessandro was a foundling, or proietto, rather than an orphan. Foundlings were abandoned anonymously in accordance with the prevailing custom in Italy. If this is the case here, then it's very difficult, if not impossible, to find out who the parents were. However, sometimes children were later claimed by their birth parents. Atti di Recognizione were recorded in such cases. Usually these records can be found with the Atti Diversi. But try to post an image of the birth act since this is all speculation without the actual record.I have a birth act for Alessandro Inglese but it does not state who parents are. He was an orphan. How can I find real parents?
John Armellino
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
Here is the record:
img196.imageshack.us/i...ct19fu.jpg
Let me know if you can view it. I believe he was a foundling. This was issued by Commne di Fondi, un stato civile.
img196.imageshack.us/i...ct19fu.jpg
Let me know if you can view it. I believe he was a foundling. This was issued by Commne di Fondi, un stato civile.
- MaurizioPerrone
- Rookie

- Posts: 68
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 22:22
- Location: Savona (Italia) - USA
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
John Armelllino is correct to saying that is very difficult to research the foundling child (in Italy you say trovatello), but is not always impossible.
Is anonymous, yes, but in bureaucratic meaning. Is not a cold act, there is much Italian culture in the process. Of course, the mother of the child know the identity and all her family in the house, and many time the father, maybe also the friends and neighbor. Father does not recognize the baby for his son on the birth act, mother declines to put her name on the birth record, and everyone they cover their face and they say we know nothing. You understand?
Sometime there is some clue on the birth act, who presents this child to the official? Is midwife, or some other person? You have some story in your family of the origin of Alessandro Ingese, maybe a clue of the mother or father name? The baby is born at some residence? There is a clue if you can find what family lives at that residence.
If is me, I will not just say OK this is impossible, but search for some other clues. You find the marriage and death acts of Alessandro?
Yes, is difficult for to search the trovatello, but not always impossible and I always say you should leave no stone unturn. If you have paternal ancestor (father of the father), there is also the DNA test that may confirm some clue, or at least give you some positive evidences.
I hope this help, do not be discourage.
Is anonymous, yes, but in bureaucratic meaning. Is not a cold act, there is much Italian culture in the process. Of course, the mother of the child know the identity and all her family in the house, and many time the father, maybe also the friends and neighbor. Father does not recognize the baby for his son on the birth act, mother declines to put her name on the birth record, and everyone they cover their face and they say we know nothing. You understand?
Sometime there is some clue on the birth act, who presents this child to the official? Is midwife, or some other person? You have some story in your family of the origin of Alessandro Ingese, maybe a clue of the mother or father name? The baby is born at some residence? There is a clue if you can find what family lives at that residence.
If is me, I will not just say OK this is impossible, but search for some other clues. You find the marriage and death acts of Alessandro?
Yes, is difficult for to search the trovatello, but not always impossible and I always say you should leave no stone unturn. If you have paternal ancestor (father of the father), there is also the DNA test that may confirm some clue, or at least give you some positive evidences.
I hope this help, do not be discourage.
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
I do have the marriage act and death acts. Would this help at all?
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
This was the translation of birth act:
year 1893, day 3, january month, hours A.M 10 and 21 minutes in city hall, in my presence Gabriele Nardone(?) Major and civil record officer of Fondi common, is appeared Annunziata Alberici(? no sure of spell) of age of 47 ...., receiver of foundlings, domicilied in this town, that delivery me a child of male gender, of a appearing age of 2 days and 15 hours, without signs in the body or other mark................ that it declare me( or similar ..) that to hour 7.00 PM and 20 minutes of day 1 of this month of January to "ruota dei trovatelli" (foundling's wheel) situated in the house her in Via Galeria to number ...7 she found, this lying supine child wrapped in a diaper, with both hands enclosed in the bands ( so)
and with the face covered from a small cloth white .
to this above mentioned child she gives the first name of Alessandro and the surname of Inglese.
After this, in reply at request of nurse Mariarosa Pannoni(?), of age 24, Seamstress, it born and domicilied in this town, of to deliver at she this child with promising of to obtain the raising, the guarding, and of to give, refering to every Autority's requesting ( Major), and I don't find contrary causes to this requesting same, I let the same child at requester.
At above writing, and to this act, they are presents as withnesses the Gaetano Varisella(?) of age 51, employed(officer), and Alfonso .. (?) of age 47, employed( officer) , both residents in this Municipality.
Reading the act to present persons, it is signed by all, with exclusion of declaring, that it has said being no able to write.
signatures...
year 1893, day 3, january month, hours A.M 10 and 21 minutes in city hall, in my presence Gabriele Nardone(?) Major and civil record officer of Fondi common, is appeared Annunziata Alberici(? no sure of spell) of age of 47 ...., receiver of foundlings, domicilied in this town, that delivery me a child of male gender, of a appearing age of 2 days and 15 hours, without signs in the body or other mark................ that it declare me( or similar ..) that to hour 7.00 PM and 20 minutes of day 1 of this month of January to "ruota dei trovatelli" (foundling's wheel) situated in the house her in Via Galeria to number ...7 she found, this lying supine child wrapped in a diaper, with both hands enclosed in the bands ( so)
and with the face covered from a small cloth white .
to this above mentioned child she gives the first name of Alessandro and the surname of Inglese.
After this, in reply at request of nurse Mariarosa Pannoni(?), of age 24, Seamstress, it born and domicilied in this town, of to deliver at she this child with promising of to obtain the raising, the guarding, and of to give, refering to every Autority's requesting ( Major), and I don't find contrary causes to this requesting same, I let the same child at requester.
At above writing, and to this act, they are presents as withnesses the Gaetano Varisella(?) of age 51, employed(officer), and Alfonso .. (?) of age 47, employed( officer) , both residents in this Municipality.
Reading the act to present persons, it is signed by all, with exclusion of declaring, that it has said being no able to write.
signatures...
- MaurizioPerrone
- Rookie

- Posts: 68
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 22:22
- Location: Savona (Italia) - USA
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
The marriage and death act can help if sometime they give a name for parents, sometime only mother. I assume that they do not, because you say you have these acts both already for Alessandro. Also, I see now there is no notations on the birth act of Alessandro that say the mother come back to reclaim the baby.
John Armellino say you to search Atti Diversi for the year of Alessandro birth, you search this already?
Then I ask you, you have some story in your family of the mother or father of Alessandro? You know somethings of Maria Pannoni, the seamstress who take this baby?
Is thoughts only, to stimulate the mind, but perhaps you have some clue in the stories of your family.
John Armellino say you to search Atti Diversi for the year of Alessandro birth, you search this already?
Then I ask you, you have some story in your family of the mother or father of Alessandro? You know somethings of Maria Pannoni, the seamstress who take this baby?
Is thoughts only, to stimulate the mind, but perhaps you have some clue in the stories of your family.
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: Locating Alessandro Ingleses real parents
I would suggest that you search the Atti Diversi for the years from the foundling's birth through the year of his or her marriage. Often a child is recognized right before his or her marriage for purposes of consent. However, keep in mind that if a foundling was later recognized then the parent(s)'s name(s) should appear in the marriage record. Also. in this case it appears that the child was left without a note or token, which notes or tokens were used to reclaim a child. Of course, as Maurizio points out, the inhabitants of a comune often knew who the parents were -- they just didn't talk about it. Tracing the ancestry of a foundling is impossible in most cases.John Armellino say you to search Atti Diversi for the year of Alessandro birth, you search this already?
John Armellino

