translation assistance

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

translation assistance

Post by dragoni »

i have three attachments which comprise a notary record for a transaction between three cappiello brothers, alessandro, domenico and nicola. i am hopeful someone can give me a general sense of the transaction and whether other family information is contained in the document. thank you.

tommaso
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: translation assistance

Post by dragoni »

here is the second image
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

here is the third image
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

i compressed the images to fit into the buffer but they appear to be too small. i have tried to make them a bit larger, here is the first reposted at the (hopefully) larger scale.

tommaso
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

the files are still too large, please pardon my technical deficiencies while i try to figure out a way to get them posted at a readable scale.

tommaso
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I tried saving your images in a photo program and then zooming in to enlarge them, but they are illegible. Sorry. I think you have to find another way to post the images so that they are readable.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

here is my final try...
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

this is the largest i can make them (originals are 3.5 MB each) and stay below the buffer. i hope this turns out readable when posted. at the end of my technical capabilities...

tommaso
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I'm sorry but I still can't read the image. Others have uploaded their images to photobucket. I myself don't really know about that program, but you may want to see if that helps.

I'm actually personally interested in what you have, as I have cousins with the Cappiello surname.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thank you for trying. the attachment function of this site appears to only allow me to use files form my computer and limits the size of the attchment to 256 kb, perhaps i am missing something?

my cappiello line is from my greatgrandfather's mother. so far i have been able to trace them to around 1570 or so in morrone (castel morrone). if your cappiello line is from that area please send a message with email address and i can forward my cappiello tree.

tommaso
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I think that's great that you have been able to trace the line so far back. My cousins' Cappiello line is from Melfi in Potenza Province, as far as I know. I am not tracing it though. I just happened to know that one of the brothers of my uncle's father was a Domenico and another was an Alessandro. So the first names also caught my eye.
mozzie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mozzie »

If you uploaded the photo to imageshack.com or photobucket.com and posted the link we can look at the photos full size on our screens

David
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Tommaso, i think you have my mail: you can send me the pictures and i can try to upload them (and i can also try to give you a translation).

L.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

grazie luca. i will send tonight.

tommaso
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

These are the pictures:

And this is a partial transcription (I hope someone will complete it):
Page 1
Die trigesima prima mensis octobris millesimo septingentesimo septuagesimo (1770) in terra Morroni (Il giorno 31 del mese di ottobre millesettecentosettanta nella terra di Morrone).
Costituiti nella presenza mia Alessandro Cappiello quondam Giuseppe di questa terra di Morrone agente e interveniente alle cose infrascritte per se e suoi eredi e successori, da una parte -------
E Domenico e Nicola Cappiello fratelli germani della terra suddetta agenti parimenti ed intervenenti alle cose infrascritte per se stessi e per i loro eredi e successori dall'altra parte ------
Detto Alessandro asserisce in presenza mia e di detti Domenico e Nicola presenti avere, tenere e possedere giustamente come verosimile padrone una casa di membri (= stanze) due uno dei quali inferiormente e l'altro sopra con piccola guada e loggia di fabrica ____ porzione ____ pozzo lavatoio, aia ____ portone che conduce alla detta costruzione ____ di muraglia, e ____ di esso
Page 2
e fornella, sita detta casa e sue adiacenze nel colle Vocabolo Romano di detta terra nel luogo detto "alli Cappielli" giusta (= vicino) li beni di Costanzo Rossetta a oriente, a 7ntrione (= nord) dentro la casa in comune di Pietro e di Antonio Cappiello, li beni di Giuseppe(?) Cappiello, altri beni di essi Domenico e Nicola, e v.p. (= verso ponente??) l'istessa casa ad esso Alessandro spettante in divisione avuta con Giovenale(???) e Giuseppe Cappiello ____ suoi fratelli e la pubblica strada per _____________________
Item questa casa detto Alessandro per altre sue abilità e ___ ha deliberato venderla ed alienarla, ed avendone fatta parola di detta vendita ed alienazione a detti Domenico e Nicola con li medesimi __________
E volendo esse parti su la vendita suddetta stipolare le debite cautele come si conviene quindi è che oggi, stesso giorno, detto Alessandro ecc. ecc.