Felice Valentino Morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Felice Valentino Morti

Post by oilman19 »

Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Felice Valentino Morti

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

It looks like the wife's name is Giovannina Scialla (or it could be Rullo)
the last name's first letter looks like the first letter in Russo in the line above.
Father is Michele Valentino and mother is Teresa Russo (both deceased)
Felice looks to have been 40 years old. Date 10 November 1908

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T.
I guess I wanted to see Scialla, but I do see a few other possibilities. It doesn't even help to blow it up larger on my computer. I will keep the record for future use.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I think deceased Teresa's surname is Nusco.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Giovannina's surname is definitely not Scalia.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I can't be sure of Teresa's surname, but to make a comment. With the thousands of names I have viewed in this town, Russo is a very common name and I don't recall seeing Nusco. This person's handwriting is a challenge.
I appreciate all input.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

As I mentioned, I think I wanted to see the surname Scialla. I can't be sure about that name either.

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are many with the Nusco surname in the current white pages for the town. My first inclination was to say Russo, but I am just offering another possibility. I misspelled the surname Scialla in my above post, but I don't think that is the surname in the record.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Your input is very much appreciated. I will need to uncover additional info before I can possibly link to this person on my ancestral tree. I should have plenty of time to prove or disprove our interpretation of this person's handwriting. All contributions to this discussion will be helpful.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Maybe the surname is Rubbo. There is a surname in the current Italian white pages which is Di Rubbo. If that is the case, then I would say that Russo is the correct surname for deceased Teresa, as the first letter of each surname looks the same to me.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I have a suggestion. Since you are doing microfilmed records for the town, if the film has indexes, I would look at the way the capital letter N, R, S. etc. is formed for surnames in the index under each of these letters. You may find surnames with first letters formed the same way as the first letter in deceased Teresa's surname.That would take the guesswork out of this. Once you are sure of the first letter of the surname, then you can go from there.

I have researched microfilmed records in more than 20 towns, and it blows my mind how the script can vary from town to town.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

My 2 cents:
Teresa Russo and Giovannina Rullo

L.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I like that idea and I like Lucap's 2 cents. I will be looking at that film again soon.
Thank you all for your ideas.

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Wanted it to be Scialla for you, Jim. But I saw it as Rullo.
:-(
T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you for the support. You are wonderful and always a big help.

Jim
Jim