Anna Scialla morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Anna Scialla morti

Post by oilman19 »

I found this morti for Anna Scialla. However, I cannot distinguish any other names to determine if it is my g grandmother. :?: Please help with the translation.

Thank you,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ti1910.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Anna Scialla morti

Post by liviomoreno »

Anna Scialla, daughter of the late Salvatore and of the late Lucia ????, aged 4x, born in ?????, wife of Michele Costanzo, DOD 21 Oct 1910

Edited to correct the typo in the Date of Death (I originally wrote 22, after reading "ieri"...)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Her father, deceased, was Salvatore. The mother was a Lucia, but I can't make out her maiden name. Anna was the wife of Michele Costanzo. I'm still studying an enlargement of the record.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The document is dated Oct 22, 1910 at 9 a.m. but she died on the 21st.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Her place of birth may have been Campione??? It was not in S Maria Capua.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I believe she was age 42 at death. It looks like quarantadue to me. The word after that was her occupation.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

possible maiden name for the mother Zoastia.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

her mother appears to have also been deceased.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

she died at 1:30 p.m. Still trying to make out the name of the street-I see the word via for street but have to figure out the name which follows that word
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you both. I just can't catch a break. I wanted very much for this to be my g grandmother. Another false alarm, although there may still be a link somewhere.
I will keep searching.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

This info helps a great deal for me.

Thank you very much.

Jim
Jim

lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lisagooley »

Can the town she was born in be Casagiove? I might be reading into it out of shear will-power - but I think that is what it says. If so...let's talk - my Scialla's are from Casagiove as well.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

lisagooley wrote:Can the town she was born in be Casagiove? I might be reading into it out of shear will-power - but I think that is what it says. If so...let's talk - my Scialla's are from Casagiove as well.
I believe you are correct!
Casagiove is 3 miles from Santa Maria Capua Vetere.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Lisa,
I have Anna Scialla as my GGM. I have not found the matrimoni record yet, so my knowledge of her is very limited. I have found Scialla's in my research in S.M.C.V. and S.M. La Fossa with hopes of linking them someday. It does not seem to be a common name in S.M.
If you have Scialla's, we must talk. Hers is the only name I have made no known progress in my research.
My best guess is she was married in the early 1880's. I have birth acts in 1884, 1886, & 1889. She has been my mystery person. If she was from Casagiove, that might explain why I have not made any progress.
You have ignited a spark for me.

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I just realized this could be my Anna Scialla if she remarried. I had not considered that as a possibility.
Does the morti give an address where she died? That might be a clue.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim