Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I found this morti for Anna Scialla. However, I cannot distinguish any other names to determine if it is my g grandmother. Please help with the translation.
Her father, deceased, was Salvatore. The mother was a Lucia, but I can't make out her maiden name. Anna was the wife of Michele Costanzo. I'm still studying an enlargement of the record.
she died at 1:30 p.m. Still trying to make out the name of the street-I see the word via for street but have to figure out the name which follows that word
Thank you both. I just can't catch a break. I wanted very much for this to be my g grandmother. Another false alarm, although there may still be a link somewhere.
I will keep searching.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Can the town she was born in be Casagiove? I might be reading into it out of shear will-power - but I think that is what it says. If so...let's talk - my Scialla's are from Casagiove as well.
lisagooley wrote:Can the town she was born in be Casagiove? I might be reading into it out of shear will-power - but I think that is what it says. If so...let's talk - my Scialla's are from Casagiove as well.
I believe you are correct!
Casagiove is 3 miles from Santa Maria Capua Vetere.
Hi Lisa,
I have Anna Scialla as my GGM. I have not found the matrimoni record yet, so my knowledge of her is very limited. I have found Scialla's in my research in S.M.C.V. and S.M. La Fossa with hopes of linking them someday. It does not seem to be a common name in S.M.
If you have Scialla's, we must talk. Hers is the only name I have made no known progress in my research.
My best guess is she was married in the early 1880's. I have birth acts in 1884, 1886, & 1889. She has been my mystery person. If she was from Casagiove, that might explain why I have not made any progress.
You have ignited a spark for me.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I just realized this could be my Anna Scialla if she remarried. I had not considered that as a possibility.
Does the morti give an address where she died? That might be a clue.
Thank you,
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Investigative and genealogical research pertaining to adopted ancestors or those ancestors born outside marriage presents particular challenges. While each case is unique, certain generalities can be considered based upon the nature of social conditions, as well as available records. For the most pa...