LOL! That is so funny that it's you! Wow! What a project you're taking on.
Well, I don't know what to tell ya then! I'd think there would be info. somewhere on whether there are processetti for this town.
This doesn't answer your immediate question about the town name on this record but it would be good to know if those records exist somewhere because they could be helpful- if they exist, that is
In relation to what Aliza24 is saying about the processetti-just because the Mormons have not microfilmed certain records does not mean they do not exist.
I knew that bagno meant bath put I guess I didn't consider the whole thing. Since Romans were famous for their baths I just figured maybe there was a town named after some baths- like Bath, England.
Well- what can I say? That's one for the record! LOL
Some of these Italian records just crack me up. Sometimes they don't put any of the details that you want, yet they put something like that.
The processetti are found with the Civil records not church records-even though church records can be found in the file. If someone was born or married before a civil record existed than they got the record from the church.
So it's a good way to get access to some church records without getting access- if that makes sense!
But you're right- it could be that a) they weren't filmed, or b) they were somehow lost or destroyed.
Maybe you could ask the comune- or ask LDS? Someone's got to know the story I would think.
My mom and dad came from two very different classes of Italian society. Dad's mom came from a very aristocrat family and mom's came from farmers and agricultural workers. When my mom's parents came to the US, they left their oldest son Giovanni in the care of my maternal grandmother's parents. I hea...