Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 247
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by aliza24 »

LOL! That is so funny that it's you! Wow! What a project you're taking on.

Well, I don't know what to tell ya then! I'd think there would be info. somewhere on whether there are processetti for this town.

This doesn't answer your immediate question about the town name on this record but it would be good to know if those records exist somewhere because they could be helpful- if they exist, that is :)
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by maestra36 »

This will blow your mind but literally the words "nel Bagno della Palestra di Pozzuoli" mean "in the Bath of the Gymnasium of Pozzuoli."
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by maestra36 »

In relation to what Aliza24 is saying about the processetti-just because the Mormons have not microfilmed certain records does not mean they do not exist.
User avatar
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 247
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by aliza24 »

I knew that bagno meant bath put I guess I didn't consider the whole thing. Since Romans were famous for their baths I just figured maybe there was a town named after some baths- like Bath, England.

Well- what can I say? That's one for the record! LOL

Some of these Italian records just crack me up. Sometimes they don't put any of the details that you want, yet they put something like that.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by maestra36 »

This still appears to be a town name in the record, as it says living in....
User avatar
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 247
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by aliza24 »

Oh Ok. I got so off the topic of the record that I didn't go back to look.
Still pretty funny though...:)
User avatar
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 247
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?

Post by aliza24 »

The processetti are found with the Civil records not church records-even though church records can be found in the file. If someone was born or married before a civil record existed than they got the record from the church.

So it's a good way to get access to some church records without getting access- if that makes sense!

But you're right- it could be that a) they weren't filmed, or b) they were somehow lost or destroyed.

Maybe you could ask the comune- or ask LDS? Someone's got to know the story I would think.
Post Reply