Felice Valentino Morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MarieVolbeda

Re: Felice Valentino Morti

Post by MarieVolbeda »

Hello Jim:

Reading the name of Valentino has my curiosity up as my maternal great-grandmother's name was Maria Marta Vincenza Valentino born in the 1860's. She lived in Santa Maria La Fossa, just down the road from Santa Maria Capua Vetere. So far I have not found any birth info on her in SM La Fossa, perhaps she was originally from SM Capua Vetere??

Do you have any thing more about the Valentinos?? There are also Russos in my family; but I know only about a handful of cousins, now all but one is deceased. They lived in Caserta.

Thanks,

Marie
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Marie,
I have no known connections with any Valentino's yet. I grabbed this morti from the film I was viewing because I thought I saw the name Scialla, the surname of my g grandmother.
It's funny you mention La Fossa. I have been reviewing some films recently for Santa Maria Capua Vetere info, and suddenly they have had La Fossa info on the end. I am not aware that I have any connections to La Fossa at this time.
If I can be of any help, please let me know. Wouldn't it be nice to find we have a connection somewhere. Every once in a while, I see connections on the forum and I get jealous.
What a fantastic journey I am having.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi again Marie,
I stand corrected. Take a look at my thread "Tammurrino/D'Angelo Allegato Register". I'm sure I have a connection to the Valentino that is mentioned, but nothing I can prove yet. If you know of any links through that line, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Marie,
I have the following records scanned:
Angela Valentino Morti 1909
Anna Valentino Morti 1910
Francesco Valentino birth 1880
Marta Valentino birth 1880
I believe these are all from Santa Maria La Fossa. Any help?

Jim
Jim

MarieVolbeda

Post by MarieVolbeda »

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

I too hope that someday we can find a connection. There are so few people researching SM La Fossa and Grazzanise. They were and still are a very small communities.. I have written to the commune twice but have not received a reply as of December and March.

I think I have seen the film from SM CV with the name Marta Valentino; but I know my great grandmother was born in the 1860's. She married in 1883. The ones you have listed may have been nieces and nephews though. So, if you come across another Marta born in the 1860's, let me know where to look.

Grazie,

Marie
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

If I spot it, I will scan it for you. I happened on these records by accident. Maybe our research will intersect some day.
I wish you well on your journey.

Jim
Jim

MarieVolbeda

Post by MarieVolbeda »

I appreciate that Jim.

I too am having an interesting time discovering records for ancestors who I never thought I would discover.

Marie
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Marie,
For your info, in A.M.C.V., I found:
Donato Salvatore Valentino birth 1852
Maria Assunta Valentino birth 1852

Any interest?

Jim
Jim

MarieVolbeda

Post by MarieVolbeda »

Good Morning Jim:

At this point I don't know anyone in my g-grandmother's ancestry. In searching for my g-grandfather Paolella, I also looked for Valentinos (his wife's family) I have found a few in SMCV but none so far, in SMLF. So, I just don't know about Donato and Maria Assunta, they just may be her siblings. I don't know how common the name Valentino is? I have found that my g-grandfather's name Paolella is quite uncommon and that makes finding relatives somewhat easier.

In any event, I would like to keep Donato and Maria Assunta as possibles. Can you send me what you have?

Thanks much,

Marie
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Marie,
I can send the images on the forum for you to look at or I can e-mail the scans for you to save or both. My pleasure.

Jim
Jim

MarieVolbeda

Post by MarieVolbeda »

Please e-mail them to me so I can save them for future reference.

Thank you so much!!

Marie

Researching Valentino, Paolella, Aveta, in Santa Maria La Fossa, and Grazzanise, in Caserta
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Marie,
I don't think I can send attachments on the PM side of the forum. Would you send me your e-mail address either on the forum with spaces or in a PM. I will then send them in an attachment to your mailbox.

Jim
Jim

dsmith1982

Post by dsmith1982 »

I have a Maria Giovanninia Rullo....Married to Antonio. Migrated to the states in early 1900s