Francesco Perrotta birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Francesco Perrotta birth

Post by oilman19 »

Please translate this birth act. Does it say he was born dead?

Thank you,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1887.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Francesco Perrotta birth

Post by CowryShells »

Yes, that part I can tell you. He was born dead. It is very sad.

The right side of the image is rather blurry and difficult for me.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

This record is dated Jan 25, 1887 at 11 a.m. and is for a stillborn infant . At 3 a.m. on the date above, a male child was born without life, in the house on via Albana to Rosa Iannotta, the lady of the house, who was the wife of Domenico Perrotta, age 45. The child was presented by the midwife Lucia (or Laura???) Barbato, age 56. She made the presentation and stated that the name Francesco was given to the male infant. The infant's father was far from the city at the time and could not make the presentation.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

maestra36 wrote:This record is dated Jan 25, 1887 at 11 a.m. and is for a stillborn infant . At 3 a.m. on the date above, a male child was born without life, in the house on via Albana to Rosa Iannotta, housewife, who was the wife of Domenico Perrotta, age 44, gardener. The child was presented by the midwife Lucia (or Laura???) Barbato, age 56. She made the presentation and stated that the name Francesco was given to the male infant. The infant's father was far from the city at the time and could not make the presentation.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have reasonably good evidence (no birth act yet) that Francesco Perrotta (married to 1c2r) was born of the same parents abt 1877. He has played a significant role in the immigration of many cousins. Is it possible they would have named this baby (born without life) after a living son?
Or, is it more likely I have some bad info?
Thank you for the translation. It was as I feared, a new mystery.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

Domenico Perrotta died two days after the birth of this son according to the morti you posted.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi T.
Good observation. I didn't notice that. Maybe that's why he wasn't present for the birth.
I simply can't figure out why the name Francesco. If my info is correct, they already had a son named Francesco, born abt 1877, based upon everything I know about him (census records, manifest, etc.).
Why do my ancestors make my research so challenging? They just won't cooperate.
In answering your obvious question, I have not been able to find his birth act in 1877 or 1878 on the films.

Jim
Jim