Hello!
I am new here, my name is Carmen, I am a Spanish and Italian speaker.
But I have to translate this short text and it is old Venezian. Could anyone please help me understand the first sentence?
It is:
" Da Venezia lontan domile mia,"
and it follows:
"no passa dì che no me vegna in mente el dolce nome dela patria mia
El lenguazo i costumi dela zente"
These two last sentences I understand, but on the first one:
"Da Venezia lontan domile mia"
I really can't catch the meaning.
"Domile " é "due mila", as I have found out.
but what has this to do with "mia"??
THANKS for help.
Best greetings
Carmen
Help with a short sentence in Venezian
Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian
For me it means "duemila miglia".
L.
L.
Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian
Yes! I think you are right. Thanks you very much!!
Carmen
Carmen
- uantiti
- Elite

- Posts: 405
- Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
- Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy
Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian
Luca, non sapevo che capissi anche il Veneto....Lucap wrote:For me it means "duemila miglia".
L.
Ada
Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian
Ci si arrangia!!!
L.
L.
Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian
I must've read it wrong...I thought it said 'distant from my home'
just a first impression
just a first impression


