Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
tradarq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 18:35

Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by tradarq »

Hello!
I am new here, my name is Carmen, I am a Spanish and Italian speaker.
But I have to translate this short text and it is old Venezian. Could anyone please help me understand the first sentence?
It is:
" Da Venezia lontan domile mia,"

and it follows:
"no passa dì che no me vegna in mente el dolce nome dela patria mia
El lenguazo i costumi dela zente"

These two last sentences I understand, but on the first one:
"Da Venezia lontan domile mia"

I really can't catch the meaning.
"Domile " é "due mila", as I have found out.

but what has this to do with "mia"??

THANKS for help.
Best greetings
Carmen
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by Lucap »

For me it means "duemila miglia".

L.
User avatar
tradarq
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 18:35

Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by tradarq »

Yes! I think you are right. Thanks you very much!!

Carmen
User avatar
uantiti
Elite
Elite
Posts: 405
Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy

Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by uantiti »

Lucap wrote:For me it means "duemila miglia".

L.
Luca, non sapevo che capissi anche il Veneto.... :mrgreen:

Ada
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by Lucap »

Ci si arrangia!!! :D

L.
User avatar
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Help with a short sentence in Venezian

Post by eyetalgal »

I must've read it wrong...I thought it said 'distant from my home'

just a first impression
Post Reply