Raffaele Scialla birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Raffaele Scialla birth

Post by oilman19 »

I have the parents as Antonio Scialla and Lucia Ianniello. Can you tell me the birth day. I hope I didn't chop off too much of this document.
Thank you,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1884.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Raffaele Scialla birth

Post by maestra36 »

primo, the first of Oct 1884
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Antonio, the father, age 30. If his wife's age is there, you cut it off, Jim
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

the record is dated on the 2nd
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

the record is dated on the 2nd
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

At the house on Via Farias.

Wife's age is probably not given.

Witnesses:
Girolamo Capibelli, 40
Raffaele Papale, 35, both farmers.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I must have been tired when I scanned this document.
I have Antonio's birth act and he is always off by a few years. Unless, as happened with my grandmother, there were 2 Antonio's and I haven't found the nascita or morti yet. Now that I think of it, there was no annotation on his birth act for his marriage. Always a new mystery.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

Not all birth acts have the notation for marriage, at least in my search experiences.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Oh, I know, but S.M. has been pretty good about doing it. I also know it doesn't mean I have the wrong Antonio, but on the few documents where he has given his age, he has always been younger by about 3 years. And, this includes his atti di matrimonio, which should be reasonably accurate, since he had to provide a transcript of his birth.
Eventually, I will find confirming evidence one way or the other. I'm just so pleased to be able to at least connect him to my tree along with his family that I have been storing, waiting for a link. This has been a very productive week. I have been able to fill in many blanks as a result of a few key records I've found and the excellent translation services I have been provided.
You have my gratitude.

Jim
Jim