Looking for info on Alessandro Carmen Costanzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alisoncostanzo84

Looking for info on Alessandro Carmen Costanzo

Post by alisoncostanzo84 »

My father died in September he was only 46 years old and well the last few months my sister and I wanted to find out more information about his side of our family. We talked to our Aunt but her memory isn't the clearest but we found out a few things. My Grandfather Alessandro a(Carmen?) Costanzo was born in Corfinio, Italy according to my Dads birth certificate and I belive he was born around 1914. His marriage to my Grandmother Giacolina (she went by "Jacqueline" )Roberto born May 8, 1922 in Chicago. The marriage was arranged between my Grandfathers Uncle and Aunt who immigrated to Chicago and met my Grandmothers parents. According to my Aunt they couldn't marry in Italy so they left out of Portofino, went to Canada, got married and my Grandfather had to stay while they waited for his papers to clear. Unfortunately, thats all she remembers. I don't have any other names or dates but I would welcome any help to find out more.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on Alessandro Carmen Costanzo

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :-)

When did Carmen and Giacholina marry? Did they live in Chicago? Did Alessandro Carmen Costanzo's parents come to USA?

Alessandro's Social Security Death Record

Social Security Death Index
about Alessandro Costanzo
Name: Alessandro Costanzo
SSN: 345-30-0516
Last Residence: 60650 Cicero, Cook, Illinois, United States of America
Born: 27 Aug 1914
Died: 17 Jul 1995
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (1953-1955)

Since he has a SS#, you can request a copy of his SS application which will give his town of birth and his parents' names.

http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

T.
alisoncostanzo84

I just wanted to thank you that is my Grandfather and thats more information then I had before. What I do know is that Alessandro and Giacolina "Jacqueline" lived in Chicago and from what my Aunt told me Alessandro's Father died young in Italy. I don't know when they married but I would think it would be before he was issued a SS#. They got married in Canada thats what my Aunt said and for a time he worked in Canada while waiting for his papers to come through because he received a railroad pension after moving to Chicago.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I'll keep looking for more information for you...as will others here at the forum.

Here is a link to the comune of Corfinio...did you know that their patron saint is S. Alessandro?

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/066/041/

:-)
T.
alisoncostanzo84

I didn't know that S. Alessandro was the patron Saint of Corfinio but now I do and thank you for helping me these pieces together just knowing one more thing about where my family is from is wonderful. I really appreciate any and all help.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

In case you don't have this.

Giacolina Birth Certificate
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4650/z ... abirth.jpg

From Family Search site
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... tml#p=home

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
alisoncostanzo84

Thank you for taking the time to post this Biff I didn't have my grandmothers birth certificate knowing that my Great Grandfathers name is Alberico and my Great Grandmothers name is Arninia is really interesting. I hope that I can track down some more information on them. I really appreciate all the help that I've gotten. I know more then I knew before and its wonderful to put one more piece together.
alisoncostanzo84

So with all the information thats been posted which I really appreciate seem to keep hitting road blocks. After looking at my grandmothers birth certificate (Thanks again Biff) I found out my Great Grand Parents names and that there were other children. Then I checked the 1920 Census to see if I could locate my Great Grandfather, Great Grandmother and my Grandmothers siblings but they weren't listed. Then I thought to check the Ellis Island website to see if I could find out when my Great grand Parents came to the United States still nothing. I finally checked Canada's genealogy website to see if there was any listing there again nothing. I'm waiting on my Grand fathers SS application, and my Aunt has been unavailable but then again her memory isn't that clearest. So I seem to be striking out any suggestions or ideas would be helpful. Thanks again
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html
the following list may be last names (last name is written first in Italy)
Costanzo AQ
Melone 67030
Roberto 67030
Alberico 67030
Arminia

Costanzo Silvio
67030 Corfinio (AQ)
Via Dei Templi, 1
tel: 0864 728233

Alberico Alessandro
67030 Corfinio (AQ)
Via Battisti, 12
tel: 0864 728342

Alberico Remo
67030 Corfinio (AQ)
Via Cesare Battisti
tel: 0864 728234

Alberico Valeria
67030 Corfinio (AQ)
Via Roma, 21
tel: 0864 728381
alisoncostanzo84

So I was able to talk to my Aunt today and pry her memory. My great grandfather died in 1925 and was buried at Mt. Carmel in Chicago with my Great Uncle Christopher who died in 1924. We called to talk with someone at the cemetery and to our surprise my great grand parents bought the plot together thats how we found the information out and then we confirmed it with my Aunt. She then remembered that my Great Grandmother remarried a John Valentino who was a widow I confirmed this with the 1920 census and found his name and the names of his children and wife. I just wish that I could get info from the 1930 census because my Aunt knows they had more children together and I could finally find out my Great grand mothers age because I'm still coming up with nothing for her when it comes to a death record. I also found out that my great grand mother Alessandros mother came to the states and was alive and living in Chicago up to 1953. Though I don't know her name my Aunt doesnt remember. So I have made some progress but if any ideas come to mind to find out more info the help would be welcome. Thanks