Certificates in Agrigento

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
arguelfi

Certificates in Agrigento

Post by arguelfi »

Hi there everyone! I am an Argentinian currently living in Dublin, Ireland and tracking my great grandfather in Sicily. Actually, I just bought a ticket to Trapani to try and find something in Agrigento personally.
It would be great if you could help me:

My great grandfather's name was Calogero Napoli and he was born in 12/08/1881. I have found some records in Sambuca di Sicilia, but he may have been born in Palma di Montechiaro. He was married to Concetta Borgetta(17/12/1887) and their kids were Sara(1914), Maria(1916) and Calogero(5/08/1918). This last 4 were born in Palma.

I essentially need my great grandfather's birth certificate and the marriage act between him and Concetta.

Whatever information you can supply will be of great help!

Thank you in advance.

Ariel
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Certificates in Agrigento

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
this is the address of Sambuca di Sicilia civil record office

Comune - Ufficio di Stato Civile - Corso Umberto I - CAP 92017 Sambuca di Sicilia (Agrigento)

This is the address of Palma di Montechiaro civil record office

Comune - Ufficio di Stato Civile - Via Fiorentino, 89 CAP 92020 Palma di Montechiaro (Agrigento)

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
JoeBlack

Post by JoeBlack »

Hi Ariel,

I found the birth record for your grant grandfather!!!

I send you the record in private.

Domenico
JoeBlack

Post by JoeBlack »

I also found the marriage record of Calogero and Concetta!!

Domenico
arguelfi

Post by arguelfi »

Hi Domenico and Riccardo!

Thank you so much for your help. I can't believe you found the records! That's great! I have a friend working in the Italian Council in Buenos Aires who tried to call the comune in Palma several times and they eventually answered but never called back.

Domenico, could you send me the marriage act you found?

I can't thank you enough. This means a LOT to me and my family since we started tracking them about 6 years ago. I bet my nonna, who's the first to be born in Argentina, will be overwhelmed by this.

Thanks again and wish me good luck in Sicilia!

Ariel
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

itwas my pleasure, good luck and let us know
bye Riccardo
arguelfi wrote:Hi Domenico and Riccardo!

Thank you so much for your help. I can't believe you found the records! That's great! I have a friend working in the Italian Council in Buenos Aires who tried to call the comune in Palma several times and they eventually answered but never called back.

Domenico, could you send me the marriage act you found?

I can't thank you enough. This means a LOT to me and my family since we started tracking them about 6 years ago. I bet my nonna, who's the first to be born in Argentina, will be overwhelmed by this.

Thanks again and wish me good luck in Sicilia!

Ariel
JoeBlack

Post by JoeBlack »

I am glad I could help. The message is on your way look on your inbox.

Domenico
arguelfi

Post by arguelfi »

Hi there again!
As I wrote before, I am going to Sicily next week. Maybe you could help me out with this a again:
Which documents should I bring to the Uffice Comunale in order to get the certificates Domenico sent me?
Do they have to be originals, certified by La Hague?

Thanks a million again!
JoeBlack

Post by JoeBlack »

Hi Ariel,

i just bring your ID or a passport. You don't get the original, they just give you a letter with the data from your great grandparents. I doubt that that you get the letter right away, they will send it to you. When You get there you have to fill out a form with all your information. I will see if I have one on my computer.

Domenico