Looking for help on obituarty
Looking for help on obituarty
Grandmother Mattia Recine .Born Pofi Italy.Came to America Dec.1916.Married Grandfather also from Pofi in 1917 in Sharpsville ,Pa.Died in 1937.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Looking for help on obituarty
Is Recine her maiden name or married name?
I did a quick search at newspaperarchive.com and could not find anything. Do keep in mind that most of the obituaries I have seen from that period are simple one or two sentence affairs. Basically, "Someone, aged something, of Anytown, died yesterday. Services will be held tonight at ...."
I did a quick search at newspaperarchive.com and could not find anything. Do keep in mind that most of the obituaries I have seen from that period are simple one or two sentence affairs. Basically, "Someone, aged something, of Anytown, died yesterday. Services will be held tonight at ...."
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Looking for help on obituarty
My mistake .Married name was Conti.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Looking for help on obituarty
Grandfather's first name?
Approximate birth year for both grandmother and grandfather?
Names and approximate birth years of children?
Did grandmother/grandfather marry in the US or in Italy?
Are you certain about Mattia as grandmother's given name? It is actually a masculine name...
Do you know the exact date of death? If yes, contact the research desk at the nearest public library and ask them to search their newspaper archives. If not, then check this out: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... ates/14122
Approximate birth year for both grandmother and grandfather?
Names and approximate birth years of children?
Did grandmother/grandfather marry in the US or in Italy?
Are you certain about Mattia as grandmother's given name? It is actually a masculine name...
Do you know the exact date of death? If yes, contact the research desk at the nearest public library and ask them to search their newspaper archives. If not, then check this out: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... ates/14122
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Looking for help on obituarty
Johnny, I was told in Italy that Mattia was a name that use to be both male and female .6 children,3 boys 3 girls Sebastian 1918-Theresa -1919. Mary, Rosa not sure.Frank -1928-Tony-1931. My Grandfather Luigi Conti born
in Pofi 1893.his father Francesco -Mother Francesca Giorgi.
She born 1893 in Pofi- Father Giovanni Recine Mother Carmine Vona
she came to Sharpsville in 1916 and married Luigi 2 weeks later in Jan 1917 in St.Bartolomew Parish Sharpsville Pa.
in Pofi 1893.his father Francesco -Mother Francesca Giorgi.
She born 1893 in Pofi- Father Giovanni Recine Mother Carmine Vona
she came to Sharpsville in 1916 and married Luigi 2 weeks later in Jan 1917 in St.Bartolomew Parish Sharpsville Pa.
