Faggion Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jamey

Faggion Family

Post by Jamey »

Hi, I am looking for any family history information on the Faggion family.
My grandfather was Giovanni Faggion born in Trissino Vicenza Italy. He immigrated to the U.S. in the early 1920's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Faggion Family

Post by mfjp »

Some basic questions just in case this isn't the correct person... Was he married when he came over? Year of Birth? Any siblings...

Not sure whether you looked at a ship record. Here's a nicely typed manifest...

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0960%2ETIF

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0960%2ETIF

Should you wish to research your ancestral documents you may wish to visit your local Family History Center and order film.... Trissino has 2 sets...
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Italy, Vicenza, Trissino
Selva di Trissino Registri dello stato civile, 1806-1903

Italy, Vicenza, Selva di Trissino - Civil registration Registri dello stato civile, 1806-1815

There is also a 1930 census of a John Faggion (now a widow), if you want any details let me know.

mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If your looking to trace "any family information" then mayI suggest you go to the nearest family history library of the Mreomon church and rent the microfilm for the civil records of trissino, Provincia Vicenza which date from 1809 to 1903 and contain all births,marriages and deaths of your family memebers from that 1903 date back. You can rent the film for a modest amount (about $3.00). I sense that you are familiar with genealogy in the way you inquire so may I suggest you buy the biook Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole which will enable you to conduct your own research undistiurbed for many pleasant hours. Peter
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Thanks for the replies. The information will be helpful in my search. My grandfather was born in December of 1898. He was not married when he immigrated to the U.S. He married after he arrived in the U.S. There were brothers that also came here but I am still putting all the names together. There was a brother named Joseph, and one named Antonio. He had a sister that moved to Australia. I am still researching and do not have any other infromation on the other siblings. My grandfather never became a citizen of the U.S. so I have not been able to find a lot of information about him. He died in 1959, in Lansing, Michigan. I know very little about him and his family. Most of his family:brothers, children, and his spouse, have also passed away. My mother was very young when he died and knows very little about my grandfather. I do know that he served in the Italian Army before he immigrated here. From what I was told, some of his family members stayed in Italy. The ones who came here settled in the state of Michigan. Thanks again for the help!!!!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can access his military records in the Italian armyif you wish. Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/recordsearch.html

The Italian POW ended up in Australia as well... if you do a search at this site, you will see that there were a few Faggion here - Italian born - one in 1898, 1906 etc... I do understand that your Grandfather died in the 1950's .. You can also request a digital copy of people of interest at this site and they will mount it on the web site for you to view at a later date. If indeed one of these is your relative, you could also search for photographs - group shots of the ithe Italian POWs who served at the farm camps.
Best of luck with your research.
mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Jamey you made no mention of POW or Australia but just Italy....have I overlooked something or have you communicated with someone else???? it is very confusing and I request a clarification, to satidfy my curiousity. Peter
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

ptimber wrote:Jamey you made no mention of POW or Australia but just Italy....have I overlooked something or have you communicated with someone else???? it is very confusing and I request a clarification, to satidfy my curiousity. Peter
I don't know if the person I mentioned was a POW, but I am going to check into the possibility and see if the person mentioned in the other post was my grandfather. I know nothing of his life before he came to the U.S. I only know he served in the Italian Army during WW1.
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

mfjp wrote:http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/recordsearch.html

The Italian POW ended up in Australia as well... if you do a search at this site, you will see that there were a few Faggion here - Italian born - one in 1898, 1906 etc... I do understand that your Grandfather died in the 1950's .. You can also request a digital copy of people of interest at this site and they will mount it on the web site for you to view at a later date. If indeed one of these is your relative, you could also search for photographs - group shots of the ithe Italian POWs who served at the farm camps.
Best of luck with your research.
mfjp
Thank you so much for the information. I am going to check this out and see if any of them mentioned is my grandfather.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

The only reason why I brought up Australia, is because of the Italian military connection.. No one ever did say that your Grandfather was in Australia... that was clear, but since there are other Faggion in their database, I thought I would mention that site... and since there was a Faggion whose birthdate was very close to your Grandfathers, it could possibly be a brother, a cousin etc. You did say you knew little of his family. If you fill out a simple form at their website, they will display a digital copy of the military record, which will include next of kin, and place of birth, parents, and other information. Take care, mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Do you tellfortunes too? Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Have a nice day Peter... :twisted:
mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You too and keep doing your homework!! peter
Gigizagani

Post by Gigizagani »

There are still 50 Faggion families at TRISSINO.
In my opinion you should write to Trissino ANAGRAFE, possibly in Italian at the following adress:

Ufficio Anagrafe del Comune di Trissino

Piazza XXV Aprile, 9

I-36070 Trissino (VI)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to the nearest family history library you can rent out the micrfoilm for trissino containing all the civil records of briths,marraiges and deaths and family composition ffrom 1809 to 1903 and this will give you the entire pictuire of your family in Italy and you can certainly take it here to the USA and finish the picture.

As for the rest of you the homework assignment is.......................Peter