Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi,
I have this birth act translated. However, I need confirmation on Domenica's surname and I need the marriage annotation translated. Would someone please help.
I couldn't get to 1st base on that annotation.
I read your other thread. It sounds like a eureka moment for your friend.
Also, Pietro is my GGrand Uncle. This birth act will provide me a link to my tree for a number of documents I have been holding. An exciting moment for me.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
Sorry I omitted the location of the marriage. I'm kind of multitasking today between my own writing and some translation work for a cousin. It does say that the official of the civil state of SM married the couple.
Hi Peg,
I have a clearer picture of Pietro's wife's name from a birth act of 1 of their children. Would you mind looking at it again. I think I am seeing "Auticino". Please confirm.
Thank you.
Jim
I'm glad you noticed that I made a mistake. My typing skills leave a lot to be desired. The following is the correct surname-you were close, but the third letter is an L and not a T
Aulicino
It's in the current white pages for SMCV. The above I cut and paste right from the current Italian white pages so that I wouldn't misspell it again.
I'm glad you are scrutinizing everything. You doing so well reading these documents.
Had I looked again at the marriage annotation, I think I would have seen that L. However, I didn't, and consequently saw a T.
Thank you for getting me back on the right track.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I found the ATTI DI MATRIMONIO in my collection for Pietro.
However, the image is kind of blurry on the right side, and I can't make out Giuseppa's age or the names of her parents.
If you aren't able to read them, I can probably try to get another image. I should still have the film.
Your opinion, please.
Thank you.
All are residents of SMCV
Giuseppa is 23 and Pietro is 28
Father of Giuseppa is deceased, and though blurry, looks like
Scesione (though I'm almost sure that isn't right) and mother is Angela Tescione.
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...