Camurati

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
woodhouse08031961

Camurati

Post by woodhouse08031961 »

Try to find more information about Albina Camurati who was married with Giuseppe Casuzzi (my grand-mother's father).
I know that Camurati comes from San Salvatore Monferrato I wrote to the Comune who kindly found everything about Casuzzi but the information about Albina were so poor they couldn't help me....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Camurati

Post by suanj »

woodhouse08031961 wrote:Try to find more information about Albina Camurati who was married with Giuseppe Casuzzi (my grand-mother's father).
I know that Camurati comes from San Salvatore Monferrato I wrote to the Comune who kindly found everything about Casuzzi but the information about Albina were so poor they couldn't help me....
Hi:
if you know max aproximative marriage's year and birthdate of Giuseppe, you can request to San Salvatore Monferrato Common an search about marriage's act; in this act are all info about Albina (birthdate, paternity, origin's place)..
regards, suanj
eguirald

Post by eguirald »

suanj wrote:
woodhouse08031961 wrote:Try to find more information about Albina Camurati who was married with Giuseppe Casuzzi (my grand-mother's father).
Hi:
if you know max aproximative marriage's year and birthdate of Giuseppe, you can request to San Salvatore Monferrato Common an search about marriage's act; in this act are all info about Albina (birthdate, paternity, origin's place)..
regards, suanj
My great-grandfather was a Camurati and he was born in Alessandria, the provincial capital. Other towns in the province of Alessandria where the Camurati surname is, or has been, concentrated are: Valenza, Casale Monferrato and Lu Monferrato. You may want to write to the respective "comuni".

Regards,

e
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The civikl recordsd for San Salvatore Monferrato go from 1865 to 1925 and are on microfilm at the Family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home. it is inexpensive to rent the film and you can trace your family for all births, marriages and deaths. Peter
woodhouse08031961

I've asked the Mormon Church here in luxembourg for the microfilms... it's about three months ago... and I'm still waiting....
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I would suggest contact them and asking when you can expect to rceive the microfilm your ordered. They come from utah in the USA and with the holidays there may be a delay. Please let me know and if necessary I willcall them for you from the USA and find out. Peter
woodhouse08031961

Very kind of you Peter!
I'll try to call them today! and let you know. Thank you!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Keep me posted. peter
montmorency

Post by montmorency »

Hi Woodhouse - just joined and am having trouble with this site, so I am not sure if my first message was submitted. Just to say, my grandfather was a Camurati from Mirabello Monferrato, and I know a lot about the family in that area (and it has since spread out, at least in my branch) to Torino, Alessandria, Treviso, Paris, Tuscany, and Monte Carlo, not to mention the USA. It seems likely that we must be some sort of distant cousin. My grandfather Marco left Piemonte for New York in roughly 1918, though possibly a year or two earlier. He was the youngest of nine, and I have a fair amount of genealogical info on him, mainly because a lot of current Camurati cousins are good genealogists. A few of his siblings also settled in the States at about the same time. I'd be happy to check my records when I'm next in the States if it's of any use to you at this point.

Best
Montmorency