Need help with translation of letter from comune, please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with translation of letter from comune, please

Post by suz1154 »

Hello! Thanks to everyone who helped me get started on tracing my husband's family in Sicily. I have gotten responses about two family members from two comunes so far. The first one I was able to translate using an on-line translator. This second one, however, is a little more confusing. It appears to have an extra number or numbers in the section about the birth, as well as being a little confusing about the parents. I was wondering if somebody could recommend a better on-line translator--I have tried contacting our local university, but nobody seems to have much experience translating Italian. Or if somebody with more experience in these things could help me figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Here is what the part about the birth says: trovasi iscritto un atto portante il N. 28 dal quale risulta che in questo Comune in via Messineo n. tredici il giorno ventiquattro del mese di Febbraio dell'anno 1800ottantotto alle ore dodici e minuti /// e nato.

This the part about his parents: Da annotazioni marginali nonrisulta essere stato celebrato matrimonio dalla persona cui l'atto si riferisce. Aliseo Francesco e Anello Rosa per susseguente matrimonio celebrato in Bompietro il giorno pari un giugno milleottocentonovanta ed iscritto nei relativi registri al numero d'ordine 14 hanno legittimato il loro figlio naturale Agatino Salvatore.
L'atto fu compilato dall'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile, alla presenza del dischiarante e di due testimoni e con le formalita di legge.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Need help with translation of letter from comune, please

Post by maestra36 »

The birth act:
A record bearing the number 28 is found registered which results that, in this town, at 13 via Messineo, was born..... on Feb 24, 1888, at exactly noon (document reads at noon and no minutes).

The second part-
From the marginal annotations, a marriage celebrated by the person to which the act refers, does not result. Francesco Aliseo and Rosa Anello subsequently celebrated marriage in Bompietro, one day in June 1890, and registered in the relative registers act number 14, in which they have legitimized their natural son, Salvatore Agatino.
The act was compiled by the official of the civil state, in the presence of the informant and two witnesses and with the formality of the law.
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Need help with translation of letter from comune, please

Post by suz1154 »

Thank you very much. I was wondering if the extra number in relation to the birth was the time he was born. I think maybe it asked for marriage information about our grandfather (Salvatore), but I knew he was married in the U.S., so I really didn't mean to or need to. It also appears that he was born before his parents were married. I thought maybe that was what it was saying, but wanted to make sure. Thanks again. This site has been a great help!