Help with birth record please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Help with birth record please

Post by cargor »

Hello. I found my g-g-grandfather birth record on LDS film. Could someone help with translation? I believe his name is Antonio Natale Pollastri,born Dec.24,1850 in Civitaretenga. All the other names are confusing me. Thank you very much.http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/ ... rthrec.jpg
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Help with birth record please

Post by maestra36 »

The link you provide does not work. Someone else on this forum will have to give you specific instructions for uploading the image to this forum so that you can get translation help with the document.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

www.tuttitalia.it/abruzzo/89-navelli is the website for the Comune in which Civitaretenga is only a part..a "frazione", an absorbed hamlet or neighborhood into NAVELLI. The address to write to is under MUNICIPIO and the office is the UFFICIO DI STAO CIVILE.

Perhaps you need some direction. Got to this website and your on your way and freeof charge
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Sorry...the link worked when I sent it to my email as a test. I'll keep working on it.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I found these instructions on another thread on this forum. See if these help you.

One of the easiest ways to upload and post an image is with
www.imageshack.com

Scan and save your image.
Go to the above website (no registration needed) and click on Media Upload.
Browse for your image and click OPEN, then UPLOAD.
When you have uploaded your image...COPY the "direct link" code and paste it into your post.
When you scan the image save it as a ".jpg" file
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

okay...trying imageshak

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/ ... rthrec.jpg

Now the photobucket image comes up but I think it's working.

Thanks you.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

cargor,

For future use, you may find this site very helpful: http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/

Click the Chapter 2 - Civil Birth Records link for an example.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

cargor,

Antonio Natale Pollastri
born 24 December 1850 at 11 AM to
Giuseppe Antonio Pollastri, 40, farmer and
Carolina di Laurentis (sp?), 23, spinner
at the house of Giuseppe Antonio Pollastri.
Witnesses Ferdinando Napoleone, 56, farmer
and Fillipo di Tommaso, 44, farmer.

There is a "footnote (1)" by what would be the father's name - and it reads Angelantonio Pollastri with same age and occupation. In the right column the (1) notation reads Giuseppe Antonio Pollastri.

Antonio Natale was baptized at Church of San Salvatore on 25 December.

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The left side of the document is the birth record and the right side is the baptism info.

The left side the document is record #31 dated Dec 24, 1850 at4 P.M. Giuseppe Antonio Pollastri,age 40, a farmer, appeared before the town official of Civitaretenga to announce that a male child, named Antonio Natale, was born to him and Carolina de Laurentis, on the 24th of Dec at 11 a.m., in the house of the registrant. Carolina was 23 and a spinner. Both were living in the town. Witnesses were Ferdinando di Napoleone, age 56, a farmer, and Filippo di Tommaso, age 44, a farmer, both residents in Civitaretenga. They were witnesses who intervened in the present act and were produced by Signor Giuseppe Pollastri.

The right side of the document is dated Dec 25th in the parish of San Salvatore. Baptism was administered by the parish priest on the 24th of Dec 1850 to Antonio Natale. On the 25th the parish priest sent the information to the town officials who, in turn, recorded it on page 31 of the volume of documents.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The baptism was administered on the 24th and not the 25th, T
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There should not be "di " before the last name of the witness Napleone, as T has.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

il Sacramento del battesimo e stato amministrato ad Antonio Natale Pollastri nel giorno di ventiquattro

The Sacrament of baptism was administered to Antonio Natale Pollastri on day 24.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Thank you everyone for your help. So Giuseppe Antonio and Carolina Delauretis are definitely the parents of Antonio Natale? So these are my g-g-grandparents ...back another generation!!!!

Would it be an error if they wrote Angeloantonio on the birth act where the father's name goes? I know there were Angeloantonio Pollastri's in Civitaretenga also but I don't know how they connect up to my family yet. On Antonio's marriage record it states Giussepe Antonio as his father so I think it safe to say that he his the father.

Many thanks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

maestra36 wrote:There should not be "di " before the last name of the witness Napleone, as T has.
I haven't put a "di" before Ferdinando's surname :-?

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

You didn't, T. I did. I meant to say that the surname should be written as you typed it, not as I had. Sorry about the confusion.