Philadelphia Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Philadelphia Consulate

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Buona Sera Tutti,

Anyone out there having problems getting an appointment at the Philadelphia Consulate? I have all my docs ready to roll, but I can't schedule an appointment with the consulate. The online appointment maker is "under construction" , they don't return calls, and the only email I got from them told me to try again next year!!!!

Is anyone else running into this problem?

I heard somewhere this consulate might be closing, maybe that is problem???

Grazie!!
masidao

Re: Philadelphia Consulate

Post by masidao »

Well if it's any consolation I just made my appointment in San Francisco and the consulate IS in and I STILL have to wait 17 months! I can't imagine that office would be closing though. Che strano! Maybe a trip in person is necessary. Let us know if get through to them.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Neeedless to say if you are in the neighborhood of any Italian Consulate drop by and ask....=Peter=
~Peter~
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Thanks for the input Masidao and Peter. Unfortunately, I live about 7 hrs from the consulate. :( So dropping by unannounced probably is out of the question (doubt the wife would like that idea). Thanks for the ideas though!!

Grazie.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

PeterTimber wrote:Neeedless to say if you are in the neighborhood of any Italian Consulate drop by and ask....=Peter=
I am not sure the "drop in" is appreciated. :) I did this 2 Monday's ago as I was not successful in getting a reply by email, phone message, everything short of using their fax machine to get a message through. So I just showed up. It wasn't a good meeting to say the least.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Win a few lose a few!! What goes around comes around so maybe your visit will bear fruit at a later date. =Peter=
~Peter~
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Was that at the Philly Consulate? I guess I should be happy to at least have received an email reply. I wonder if there is truth to the closing rumor. I spoke to my local honorary consul here in Pittsburgh and she said that the Philly consulate was "absolutely not" closing. I don't know what to make of it, but I guess 'pazienza' will have to be the watchword for now.

If anyone hears anything about this consulate, please let us know!

Grazie tanto.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

I hope it will bear fruit. I am trying to return a call this week, so maybe I have some news or at least one actionable item. :) If I can't get through on the phone, I will most likely just show up next week and ask what the news on my case is. :) Nothing like a round trip to Boston. ;)
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by belmoro19 »

ForzaItalia, I was able to get through to philly consolato using this email
cittadinanza.filadelfia@esteri.it maybe you have alreagdy used this one. I originally had an appointment this past may 2010, that I had to change and the consolato was very friendly and accomodating. they rescheduled me for february 1, 2011. they were quick to respond to my emails. Keep trying and buona fortuna.
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

I got through via phone, no results, no progress. Not sure what next steps are, very discouraged atm. Wish I had the time/expense to handle in Italy. In hindsight, probably should have taken that April 2011 appointment in Philly for my mother, as it is fast approaching. :(
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I also had luck scheduling an appointment by email with them. But its not until June 2011 so they are very behind.

Alicia
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

Ciao Defilippis78 and Belmoro19,

How recently did you schedule your appointments? I was told that everything was booked until 2012 and that their appointment book for 2012 isn't opened yet, so try back in 2011. That was last week. Are you guys hearing something different?

Grazie.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I made the appointment about 3 or 4 months ago and back then the earliest they had was June 2011. I guess in the last few months since then they got so many appointments they filled up the rest of 2011. My goodness they are busy! I must have got right in under the wire.

Alicia
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

DeFilippis78 wrote:I made the appointment about 3 or 4 months ago and back then the earliest they had was June 2011. I guess in the last few months since then they got so many appointments they filled up the rest of 2011. My goodness they are busy! I must have got right in under the wire.

Alicia
What a difference 3 months can make! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the consulate isn't closing in 2011, that would explain their reluctance to give appointments for 2012.

In bocca al lupo with your appointment Alicia!
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I did ask them in an email if they were closing but they didnt answer me. So we shall see. If they close Im assuming they would make me go to Newark. Good luck and keep checking back with them to see if things open up :)

Alicia