Francischelli Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nickbob2

Francischelli Family

Post by nickbob2 »

Hello , I am researching my father's family. It is Francischelli and my grandfather Constantino Francischelli came to New Britain, CT. from Musellaro, Italy in about 1920.He was married to Maria Carmina Ruffini. I am interested in tracing his ancestors if anyone has any ideas.

Nick Francischelli
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Francischelli Family

Post by ptimber »

Musellaro (provincia Pescara) has civil records on microfiolm from 1809 to 1865. If you go to the nearest family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home up there in Conn uyou can trace all births, marriages and deaths. For anything later you can write diredctly to the municpal offices. Pleasse advise if this iws what you w uld like to do as an alternative and I can fill you in on that score as well. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

From what you have posted I see that you are not beyond Constantino. It is unfortunate that the Civil records have not been filmed beyond 1865, and as Constantino was born some 20 years later, writing to the town would be a necessity. However, you can in some cases get farther back with some creative research before writing (and piece together a great deal of family information at the same time) That being said......
Using Ellis Island immigration lists...

Constantino Francischelli Left the port of Naples March 4, 1920 and arrived at New York City March 24, 1920. His wife Maria is his nearest living relative in Italy, but in The United States, he is on his way to his brother Camello, living in New Britain CT.

With a quick search you can find Camello arriving in Jan 23, 1905 in to Ellis Island. Unfortunatelty his manifest does not shed any light on origins in Musellaro.

However, and this is where creativity comes into play

Marino Francischelli arrived into Ellis Island, May 19, 1915 from Naples.
heading to New Britain CT. to join his brother Vincenzo. His closest relative in Italy? His FATHER Antonio Francischelli.

A quick look at the 1920 census for New Britain, CT. shows :

The brother's Camello, Marino and Vincenzo living together.

SO, by deduction, the father of your Constantino was in fact Antonio Francischelli, and Your grandfather had brothers Camillo, Marino, and Vincenzo, who all came here. (you might already know about the last part)

And also, the surname Francischelli, pronounced Fran-Sis-KELLIE is a rare one in Italy.

Jim Bianco
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are only 9 towns in Italy with the Francischelli surname while there are 180 cities,towns and villages with the FrancEschelli surname. Further there are 33 FRANCESCHELLI surnames in Provincia Pescara and one 2 FRANCISCHELLI in the same province. OPerhaps there was once a mispelling and it just took root and progressed ever since. i point this out since your researches may encounter a roadblock and you might wish to ponder whether there was a mispelling of the surname at some point in time. If you wish additional information the person who responded above is apparently more than willing to assist you in this and the remaining questions you may have concenring your famuily genealogy. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:There are only 9 towns in Italy with the Francischelli surname
Nick, evidently Musellaro's records at the Stato level are held by the Comune di Bolognano.Wishing you the best of luck

Jim
nickbob2

Post by nickbob2 »

Nick, evidently Musellaro's records at the Stato level are held by the Comune di Bolognano.Wishing you the best of luck

Jim
Jim ,

Thank you so much, you have been a big help. I hope everyone on this forum that needs help has the opportunity to benefit from your knowledge and experience. Once again thank you so much and Ill keep you posted on what I find.

Nick Francischelli
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

and what I an orphan?????????????????????????Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Ad Hominem I should have relaized you were from Connecticut too! Peter
nickbob2

Post by nickbob2 »

Your from Connecticut too? What part? I was born and raised in Southington.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Whatever kind of look your going for, you missed. Peter
nickbob2

Post by nickbob2 »

Im looking for my family history. What are you talking about?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

you. You have been informed as to what to do and you went out of your way to ignore my contribution in order to satisfy an ego need on your part which is a no-no. in my books. Good manners is contagious. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote: Good manners is contagious. Peter
*sneezes* on Ptimber...

Thanks Nick, best of luck to you. Post any of your finds here, you might very well make connections. Looks like you will need to write to the town to bridge the gap between the filmed civil registers.
Here is a link which is very helpful in writing letters to Italy. It actually helps create the letter for you interactively.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Jim Bianco
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear James take lots of liquids, bed rest and you will feel better in the AM. peter
nickbob2

Post by nickbob2 »

ptimber
Are you for real? Idont know what your problem is... I come on here and ask for some help, and was given some good information, and failed to thank you, and I will appologize again for forgetting you, but do you really need to talk to people the way you do? I dont have all day to sit at my computer and just respond to everything written as soon as its posted, I have a life outside the internet. So thank you once again for your assistance, I think I can handle it from here.

As far as posting any finds I may make...why should I? Have you seen what Ive been through here in less than 1 week?

Nick :!: