VALENTE - PACITTI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TinaB
Rookie
Rookie

VALENTE - PACITTI

Post by TinaB »

Antonio VALENTE a musician from Villa Latina b 1859 married the sister of Felice PACITTI confectioner from Villa Latina b 1855.
Do not know Felice's sisters name. :oops:
Does anyone know if Antoino VALENTE had a brother called Dominico b 1857.
Dominico's father's name was Antonio.
Dominico married Maria Teresa Capitano in Belfast Northern Ireland in 1887.
Other brothers to Antonio could be Luigi and Silvestro.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Antoino and Felice showed up in the 1881 Scotland Census.
Antonio was recorded as being married, Felice unmarried.
Silvestro showed up unmarried in the 1901 Scotland Census aged 32.
Then in the 1911 Ireland Census aged 42 married for 6 years to a Scottish girl Jane aged 25.
Dominico shows up in the 1911 Ireland Census aged 54.
Any information may prove to be the link I need.

With Kindest Regards
Tina
EmmaG

Re: VALENTE - PACITTI

Post by EmmaG »

Hi TinaB,
I'm from Ireland and researching my ancestry. I discovered your message as I was searching for more information about my great-grandfather, Silvestro Valente. The source I used was the 1911 Irish Census. Indeed, he did marry a Scottish girl, Jean, my great-grandmother. Up until now, I did not even know he had any siblings. If you had any more info I'd greatly appreciate it. :) Emma G.
TinaB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TinaB »

Emma ..... Silvestro and Jean had the following children according to the 1911 census:

4 Casltereagh Road, Pottinger
Silvestro aged 42 born in Italy
Jean aged 25 born in Scotland
Silvestro aged 6 born in Belfast
Pio aged 1 born in Belfast.

Silvestro is also in the 1901 Scotland cenusu:

Glasglow - Silvestro Valente Border Confectioner & Ice Cream born Italy age 32.

Regards Tina
EmmaG

Post by EmmaG »

Thanks Tina. At the moment I am trying to find the marriage certificate for Silvestro and Jean. It is unfortunate that very little information was passed onto my grandmother and mother about him so I'm going to have to do a bit of research to find out more. Thank you again, Emma..
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

When you start searching the LDS microfilms going back further than Antonio remember that before 1833 Villa Latina came under ATINA.
There are photos of both towns on my website. www.angelcommunications.spaces.live.com
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
alfonsopacitti

Post by alfonsopacitti »

Tina,
This may be a bit late for you and you may already have found the information.

According to my records, Felice and Antonio had a sister called Cecilia - born 1846. Maybe this is the person you are looking for.

regards

Alfonso Pacitti
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

HI,

My Scottish friend has a great-aunt (I think that is the connection) whose surname was Pacitti or Paccitti.

I shall be seeing her tonight and will ask her for the details. They lived up in Aberdeenshire, but the great-aunt was born in Italy (from what I can remember)., and there were other family members living nearby.

I'll let you know late tonight or tomorrow.

Of course, she might not be anything to do with your family - I know the surname occurs quite a lot all over the UK - but the info might be of use to someone else.

Seraphina
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

Hi,

I got the information slightly wrong on my last posting, so the following is probably of no help to you - but it might help someone else.

My friend's Scottish great-aunt was married to Lorenzo Pacitti born in or around 1896, but they don't know where in Italy he was from. He had a sister - name unknown - and their father was Cosimo Pacitti. I think she said Lorenzo is in the 1901 census for Aberdeen.

Hope someone can use this info.

Seraphina