Sant'Angelo a Fasanella

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Sant'Angelo a Fasanella

Post by AmyT »

Did I already ask this..??

Has anyone been there and is it as pretty as it is in pictures?

Apparently there is a church somewhere in this village and it holds the key to my family the Lucia's. This is my first stop when I get to Italy!
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Sant'Angelo a Fasanella

Post by ptimber »

Dear Amy if you go to www.tiscali.it and insert the name of the town and click accordingly the first 15 or so listings will give you what you are seeking. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I know I am not completely inept but this did not work for me. :( I'll probably keep trying though, no worries :) I have pictures of the place, I mostly wondered if anyone had been there.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You mean the website did not come up or were you not able to decipher something? peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

the site came up just fine.

Filling in the blanks came up with no results.
jmtc77

Post by jmtc77 »

Dear Amy,
I have been there last sping and I was surprized to find such a nice place... It is really nice and quite and there are some really nice places to visit such as a medieval church inside a cave with the ancient tombs of the christians.
I have made some pictures so if you are interested I can send them to you.
If you are working on your research instead I would suggest you to work with the state archive of Salerno since the records in Sant Angelo have been destriyed and got lost and they just start in 1842.
Best regards
Joel
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Joel,

Thank you for the information regarding the records. I should still be able to find a lead even from records after 1842.

It makes me happy that you found it to be a surprisingly nice place to explore. I really need to go ahead and get a passport!

Thanks again!

Amy
pverona

Post by pverona »

Yep. There are many RC churches in SantAngelo. I was there in 1992 and planning to revisit this fall. My mother and father (both with the same surname of Verrone changed to Verona when they came here) are from this quanit little village.
Professor Pasquale