Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
From the first image all I can decipher is the following:
I, father Don Giovanni Battista (surname ?), parish priest, have baptized a young girl born yesterday(can't make out what follows this) in Monte to Giuseppe Sanfilippo and Antonina (can't make out her surname), married, of Monte. Godmother was Carmela Collura, daughter of Salvatore of Carini.
Sorry, but even though the second image is cleaner, I still can't make out anything else in the document. Maybe someone else will do better. I see some letters in the mother's surname, but these are not helping me to figure out what it is.
A di detto (it needs to check the previous act for the date: August 10th 1861)
Io sacerdote Don Giovanni Battista Capradoli(??) parroco ho
battezzato una fanciulla nata ieri sera qui in
Monte da Giuseppe Sanfilippo ed Antonina
Lo Savio jugali di Monte; le fu imposto nome
Antonia. La padrina fu Carmela Collura figlia di
Salvatore di Carini.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...