Traveling to Italy in September and a day trip to Ripi...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nimperioli

Traveling to Italy in September and a day trip to Ripi...

Post by nimperioli »

My father was from Ripi. His name was Michele Imperioli, was born in 1896 and died in 1979. He had one sister(I can't think of her name). He came to the United States approximately in 1910 and never returned. His father's name was Nicola and his mother's name was Antonia.

How much more information would I have to have to know if I have any living relatives in Ripi?

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Traveling to Italy in September and a day trip to Ripi..

Post by johnnyonthespot »

There are 16 Imperioli's listed in the current Italian telephone directory for Ripi; one of whom is a Michele. Being that Ripi is a smaller comune of about 5,000 persons (and that Imperioli is a rather uncommon name - http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html ), it is likely that some or most of these Imperioli's are related to you. See http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... li&dv=ripi

This site ( http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tools.html ) includes a generic form letter to potential relatives which you may want to try making use of. Personally, I am of the opinion that one should write a proper and detailed letter describing what you know of your ancestry, incuding a few photographs, and then have it professionally translated before mailing off to several or all of the persons shown in the directory.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Ancestry . com has these manifests for Imperioli's coming from Ripi. Anyone look familiar?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Luigi Imperioli
Name: Luigi Imperioli
Arrival Date: 19 Aug 1905
Birth Year: abt 1869
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Algeria
(joining brother Raffaele in New York)

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Domenico Imperioli
Name: Domenico Imperioli
Arrival Date: 2 Aug 1906
Birth Year: abt 1885
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Konigin Luise
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Do not sell your family short. All 16 with different addresses should be contacted so that no one is insulted since they all are in a small town of 5000 and word gets around quickly. Since you do not know what reaction your going to get send one form letter to each of the IMPERIOLI's in town. Usually the closest family member would most likely reply.

The town website might be of interest to you.
www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/18-ripi the www to the right on screen is tourist material. =Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The problem will be that any females relatives will now be listed in the phone book with their husband's name. You will need their birth records to find the notation of who they married. Check out the Comune file cabinet from 1871 on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
nimperioli

Post by nimperioli »

Ann,

I could not find the file cabinet to which you refer on your website. Am I on the wrong website? I tried every category listed.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Sorry, I had posted it to Facebook not the website. I just posted a new photo album of Ripi. The town square, the church and the cabinet.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.