Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Here is the matrimoni of your gg grandparents, It should provide you with Giuseppe's parents names.
Hope this helps.
I'm sure someone will be kind enough to translate it for you.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
1883 February 15.
Giuseppe Angiello, 35, mason, son of Domenico and deceased Maria Graziano
AND
Magnifica Merenda, 27, peasant farmer, daughter of _______ and Teresa Mengliuto(sp?)
Your conclusion is correct. I believe Carmela and Carmina are the same person. I made the same calculations.
However, I have already run into this phenomenon. Elsewhere in my family tree, the same thing occurred with the same given name. Since it is not a middle name swap (as seems to be common), maybe someone can tell us why this given name has tended to change over time.
Carmine "johnnyonthespot", or Peter, this looks like it is right up your alley. Any opinion?
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Normally when I se a hand written document for a matrimoni, I assume it is a ceremony that took place elsewhere. I can't get to first base without the discipline of the forms where you know where to find the info you seek. Try as I may, I have made practically no progress in translating this type of document.
You are my lifesaver.
Thank you.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
This is a really difficult document to translate. I see that the publications were only made in SMCV, but the town of birth for the bride is definitely something different. I can't make out the first letter of the town name at all. So I really don't know at this point. I also can't read where her mother is a resident but her mother's maiden name definitely exists in SMCV.
I see the standard info in the record about him taking her for his bride and her taking him for her husband. I also see the names of the witnesses. Let me go back and look at those names and see if they are surnames from SMCV. It was customary for the bride and groom to provide their own witnesses.
My mom and dad came from two very different classes of Italian society. Dad's mom came from a very aristocrat family and mom's came from farmers and agricultural workers. When my mom's parents came to the US, they left their oldest son Giovanni in the care of my maternal grandmother's parents. I hea...