Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Hi there. I'm just starting out with this project. I have no idea where to begin. I've decided to trace my given name. I can go back to the birth of my great-grandfather in 1865 in Sciacca, and I do have his parents' names. Unfortunately, the last person who may have had more info just passed away.
Are you looking to go further back than 1865? Or are you looking for more recent information, since you speak of a deceased relative who may have had more information?
Do you have a subscription to Ancestry.com? If so, you can access many of the Italian records through their website. You have your great great grandparents names, so it may help find your great grandpa's siblings.
In its most general sense, the term genealogy refers to the study of family history, while encompassing such related fields as ethnology, onomatology and --in rather few cases-- heraldry. It is important to bear in mind that genealogy forms part of the framework of general history. The best genealog...