cognome "Rotonda"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ragazza09

cognome "Rotonda"

Post by ragazza09 »

Hi

i'm searching for information about my surname that is "Rotonda".
i'm from Mexico, but my granpa came from Italy between 1912- 1930, he died in 1960 more or less. but nobody in my family knows exactly the place where he came, his name was Antonio Rotonda.

I've been reseraching and i found that there is a little town in Italy that is called Rotonda, and i also found out that this surname exists in Pescopagano,but is not common, both towns are from Potenza, so I suggest that my granpa came from there, Potenza.

i hope u can help me in my research!! bye
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: cognome "Rotonda"

Post by Emmy »

Welcome to the forum Ragazza09

I have checked some of the records I have recorded from the films for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Prov Fosinone Italy from Familysearch.org
(These are death records)
There are two records with the surname Rotondo
1. 1860 Index No 78
Rotondo Filomena died age 2years 9months
Father's name: Giuseppe
Mother's name: Elisabetta D'Agostino

2.At present I only have the index infromation for this one:
1882 Index 47
Rotondo Maria Benedetta
I would need to look up the death record to find out name of parents and age when she died.

Do you know what age the person was who died in 1960 ?film records for this area only go up to approx 1899

Emmy
ragazza09

Post by ragazza09 »

thanks¡

well when he died he was 68 more or less and he came to mexico when he was 20. we only know that he's from the south of italy.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello, I have a Giuseppa Arpino in my tree who married a Domenico Rotonda in Bristol, UK, 1905.
Emmy, this is Benedetto Arpino's Daughter. The person i was looking for his wife (benedetto)! I dont suppose you had any luck please?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
ragazza09

Post by ragazza09 »

hi.
about your info , thanks, maybe it can help for my research.
unfortanely i don`t have info about the surnames you mentioned.
but if i fnd something i will make u know.
thanks
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Jamie I'm sorry for the delay in looking that up for you but I didnt get to the FHCentre on Tuesday I was 'baby sitting' my 3 grandchildren :D so hopefully I'll get this Tuesday.
I promise I wont forget to look :D :D

Emmy
John439

Post by John439 »

Did Antonio marry and die in Mexico? Perhaps you can obtain these records which may give his parent's names since you would need that information to confirm his place of birth in italy since you really do not have much information to go on at this point.