Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I believe I have translated the 2 documents correctly. However, I am reading that Lorenzo died at 21 months. It looks like it should be 12 months. Am I missing something or is it likely a mistake was made in recording his age.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I am convinced it is the same baby. I can't think of a scenario that would dispute that.
Thank you for confirming my translation for me. I appreciate it.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I also think it is the same baby but since many gave their children the same name, you could be sure by checking the births 20-22 months before to be sure that there was not another Lorenzo born that year.
I have searched those records. Also, it was rare to see a baby named the same as a living baby, Names were frequently recycled but usually after the death of the baby with the same name. I have chased as many as 5 Raffaele's until a male baby finally survived or the mother stopped having children.
I sense that this contradiction of records is an error, possibly due to the illiteracy problem that appears to be the genesis of many of the issues I have encountered researching these records.
Your insight is appreciated.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...