omg! The Caltanissetta files from Ancestry.com have been so great. I have found the siblings and even the GGF's birth records.
Can you translate again for me. We have a discrepancy of his birth either January 19 or 29th. I'm especially interested in the ages of Antonino and Onofria Rizzo. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry I've got VISTA and it's not letting me upload the image as a file.
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... gskw=&cr=1
Please translate birth cft...
Re: Please translate birth cft...
I can't open the link above...only gets me to the Ancestry home page.
If you can save the image ... do so. Then go to www.imageshack.com and open the image there using the Browse button.
Then Upload...
Then copy the "direct link code" to paste in the post.
Otherwise, give me the details of this person so I can find the document.
T.
If you can save the image ... do so. Then go to www.imageshack.com and open the image there using the Browse button.
Then Upload...
Then copy the "direct link code" to paste in the post.
Otherwise, give me the details of this person so I can find the document.
T.
-
didozo
Re: Please translate birth cft...
Got it to work today!
Giovanni Allenza, 1874, # 10 atti di nascita. Looking for ages and any more information. Can't decipher whether it is January 19 or 29th.
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1928 ... rthcft.jpg
Giovanni Allenza, 1874, # 10 atti di nascita. Looking for ages and any more information. Can't decipher whether it is January 19 or 29th.
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1928 ... rthcft.jpg
-
didozo
Re: Please translate birth cft...
Oh - went to Family History Libary and ordered my films. Can't wait to look at those. Thanks so much for all this information. This site is a godsend!
Diana
Diana
Re: Please translate birth cft...
Glad you got it to work! 
However, I'm seeing 3 nati (#28, 29, 30)
One is for Antonio Allenza...
Which do you want the translation for?
T.
However, I'm seeing 3 nati (#28, 29, 30)
One is for Antonio Allenza...
Which do you want the translation for?
T.
-
didozo
Re: Please translate birth cft...
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5087 ... rother.jpg
It is the upper left hand corner - should be son of Antonino Allenza and Onofria Rizzo.
just found this in a Parte II of 1894 - I understand it is a listing of all the children of GGGF but I dont know WHY>?? and what it means.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9303 ... spiino.jpg
I've got some cheat sheets for translations so I'm trying to do this on my own so I don't bug you guys so much.
It is the upper left hand corner - should be son of Antonino Allenza and Onofria Rizzo.
just found this in a Parte II of 1894 - I understand it is a listing of all the children of GGGF but I dont know WHY>?? and what it means.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9303 ... spiino.jpg
I've got some cheat sheets for translations so I'm trying to do this on my own so I don't bug you guys so much.
Re: Please translate birth cft...
The birth record is #26 for Giovanni Allensa (that is the spelling in the margin)
On 3 February 1874 at 6 PM at the town hall in Villalba appeared Antonio allenza, son of deceased Ciro, age 32, peasant farmer residing and born in Villalba, to declare and present a male baby born on 31 January at 11 PM to his wife Onofria Rizzo, daughter of deceased Giovanni, age 28, at his own house in this town on Strada Palermo. The baby was named Giovanni.
Witnesse were Sebastiano Russo, 43; and Carmelo Savota (sp?), 48, both residing in villalba.
T.
On 3 February 1874 at 6 PM at the town hall in Villalba appeared Antonio allenza, son of deceased Ciro, age 32, peasant farmer residing and born in Villalba, to declare and present a male baby born on 31 January at 11 PM to his wife Onofria Rizzo, daughter of deceased Giovanni, age 28, at his own house in this town on Strada Palermo. The baby was named Giovanni.
Witnesse were Sebastiano Russo, 43; and Carmelo Savota (sp?), 48, both residing in villalba.
T.
Re: Please translate birth cft...
The second document seems to have been some change in the mother's surname (not sure if it was from Rizzo to Esposto, or from Esposto to Rizzo) due to the marriage of her (Onofria's) parents in 1865...and the record was noting all the birth documents that had Onofria's surname (i.e. her children)
T.
T.
